Poll: Which one is better brand in laptop, Dell or Compaq??

Thread: Which one is better brand in laptop, Dell or Compaq??

Which one is better brand in laptop, Dell or Compaq??

I am willing to get a new laptop and I want to get one from Dell or Compaq. I know there are several brands but I want to get one from these so please don’t suggest me any other. I am starting this poll to know from you all which one is a better brand in terms of hardware and service not specific models.

Re: Which one is better brand in laptop, Dell or Compaq??

I think dell is the best, i haven't used Compaq laptop by now. I have bought my laptop a year ago and before getting it i had asked many people for suggesting me best brand for laptop and most of them suggested "Dell". I have been using it from a year and i haven't faced single hardware issue by now. I did have to format my laptop last year but it was simply because of the buggy application I had installed. I think Dell laptops are best no matter if it is about hardware or the service they provide. They provide the best service for your laptop in case you run in to any issue.

+1 for dell from me as well, I have been using my dell laptop from a couple of years and my brother will also buy one soon. They really provide the best service, I remember there was something wrong with my cd rom and it used to stop reading CD’S frequently even though its light used to come up. I had contacted dell support and they had suggested me some troubleshooting steps for fixing the issue like reboot, system restore etc. They were not able to help me out and had suggested me to get my laptop checked from their nearest service center. I had planned to visit it after a day but next morning one of their Engineer approached me, he checked out my laptop and fixed the issue. I did not even have to visit their service center.
    I need a better sig...PM me.

Dell might be providing good service but their laptops are costly as well. As far as I remember there’s always 5k to 7k difference between Compaq and dell laptop. No matter they both offer same configuration, I really don’t know why it is. It seems as if they charge it for the service they provide. The other thing i don't like about dell is that they hardly provide any accessories with their laptop. Either one will get them if there is any offer or discount, otherwise one won’t even get single mouse or usb from them. On the other hand Compaq laptop are cheaper than dell, their hardware are quite good and they provide good accessories as well. So considering all these things I feel Compaq is a better brand than Dell.

I agree to you on that, no doubt Dell provides better service than Compaq. I mean if anything goes wrong with ones laptop, they just have to contact their support, their concerned person will come to your place, will take your laptop and will return it back once fixed but they charge 5k to 7k more + No accessories for that service. So in short, if you are not that interested in accessories and you want a loyal service like that than go for dell. If not than go for Compaq, I have come across people mentioning that Compaq laptop hardware are not good and one runs in to hardware issue within a year but it’s not. Including me there are 4 Compaq laptops used my family members and none of us had any kind of hardware issue within 18 months.
    Break it-So we can Fix It