Poll: Will you upgrade to Windows 8?

Thread: Will you upgrade to Windows 8?

Will you upgrade to Windows 8?

As we know Windows 8 final version will be launched soon, many of you here might have tried out its rereleased versions. I have tried out Windows 8 consumer preview and was quite satisfied with it and I will surely upgrade to Windows 8 final version when it will get released. Anyways I have started this thread to know your views regarding Windows 8, I mean will you upgrade to Windows 8? If not then why? If yes than why?

Re: Will you upgrade to Windows 8?

I have tried Windows 8 Release Preview and frankly speaking I loved it, even I will upgrade to Windows 8 final version. I am impressed with its fast boot, ribbon, task manager, Start Screen and many other features. I have heard that some features won’t be there in final version but many people have assured that they will be accessible using third party software’s. I think everyone having touch-enabled device should upgrade to Windows 8, they’ll really get better experience as compared to what they might be getting in window 7.

Just to share ive come across number of people who have mentioned that windows 8 is too complicated, I really don’t think so, unless you try to learn you won’t understand it. Even I was addicted to windows 7 UI and its functionality but after trying out Windows 8 consumer preview ive already made my mind.

I agree to your point that “everyone having touch-enabled device should upgrade to Windows 8”. I don’t think people having non touched devices like desktop/laptop will jump to it. In my case I had installed Windows 8 for a month and I really dint found much benefit of it over windows 7. I have switched back to windows 7 for now as I really find it more user-friendly. Even I found it a bit complicated, I don’t think I was able to explore much features of windows 8 in a month as compared to windows 7. I don’t know about others but I personally won’t go for Windows 8 according to the experience I had using both versions.

I will get it too, I wasn’t sure until its price was revealed but now when I know that it won’t cost much I have made my mind to get it. I think windows 8 will is good for all devices but that depends on user choice. I mean even I have come across many people who are finding Windows 8 quite complicated compared to windows 7. There are so many changes in windows 8, so people who have gone through evolution of windows xp up to windows 7 are either finding it complex while learning it or simply don’t want to put time in learning. No doubt windows 7 is more user friendly but I really don’t mind compromising it as long as I am getting useful features to learn and explore. I am not sure but I think that windows 8 will surely get good response from mob after revealing its low price.

My tablet and laptop are just waiting for windows 8 to get released, I had good experience with windows 8 consumer preview. I don’t know but from all of its pre- released version I have heard that consumer preview is most stable. I have encountered some issues while installing new application or carrying out day to day task but after asking for support in their forums I was able to fix it. The core of windows 8, it metro user interface, its feature are just great. It much better for touché based devices . I have come across some people mentioning that windows 8 is resource hungry but I haven’t found it so. I think we should have better system than minimum system requirement of windows 8 to get it run smoothly.

I find windows 8 user friendly as well, it provides easy access to all application that we install. I really don’t think that it is resource hungry, in fact I think that it uses my system processor and ram more efficiently and smartly compared to windows 7. It has been almost 4 months since I had started using windows 8 and by now I am quite satisfied with it. I have already explored features of windows 7 and now I am really looking forward to explore more features in Windows 8 as well.