Poll: Your favourite computing device ?

Thread: Do you use Desktop PC or a Laptop or Netbook or something else

Do you use Desktop PC or a Laptop or Netbook or something else

As the technology is increasing day by day, we are getting to see a new gadget everyday. For example, there are thousands of tablet pcs now available in the market with various features and variants those are actually replacing the use of netbooks and laptops. Also if we talk about Nexus Q, it is replacing media players. People seems preferring portable gadgets instead of the heavy desktop or laptops our father and grand fathers have used. So, which technology are you guys using in your personal day to day life ?

Re: Do you use Desktop PC or a Laptop or Netbook or something else

Well no matter how much technology is increased today or how portable gadgets are launching, i still love to work on desktop pc. Though you cannot carry your desktop along with you like netbooks, laptops or tablets along with you, but on desktop you get a large screen to work, to watch movies, to play any high end games with lots of controllers and many more such thing. You cannot even do as much as multitasking on these portable gadgets like you can do on yoru desktop. Hence, till date i prefer to use my 22inch Desktop PC.

According to the market conditions it seems like Tablets will eat up laptop markets in coming few years. Because if we notice the people who use to carry a laptop bags are now traveling with Tablets in their pocket. Am not talking about the cheap tablets available in the market that allow you to just browse, watch movies and few small games.

Am talking about Tabs like iPad, Few Samsung high end tabs and now the upcoming MS Surface. These are good enough for replacing Laptops or Netbooks but offcourse they cannot replace desktop PCs. Anyways, i am having a desktop but prefer using my iPad 3 unless and until i need to do coding kind of job.

I love working on netbooks or laptops. Reason is very clear, you cannot carry your desktop along with you wherever you go whereas your tablet is not as capable as desktop or laptop. Also if we talk about storage, i dont think we should compared Tabs with laptops/netbooks. So, my vote goes to netbooks.