Poll: Do you own any Apple electronic products?

Thread: Do you own any Apple electronic products?

Do you own any Apple electronic products?

Nowadays we see that there is a stiff competition between various electronic developers for launch of new smartphones, tablets and other devices. Every day one company tries to outdo some other company. But in this competition, Apple comes out as a straight winner many times. But many think that Apple’s devices are not worth the price and hype they get. Some also say that Apple products are best and no one can beat them in terms of technology. Many people have mixed opinions about Apple’s devices. I wanted to know how many of you people own Apple’s electronic products?

Re: Do you own any Apple electronic products?

I own a Apple iPhone 4s and I think that it is the best smartphone that is available in the market. I think it is the wonderful hardware that is used in it which makes it an exceptional smartphone. The hardware can be utilized for various purposes which are not possible in other smartphones. iPhone 4s can’t be compared with other smartphones as it is out of the league. I have used many smartphones in past, but the features that iPhone 4s gives is just best above all others.

I think the heavy price placed on the products of Apple is the major reason for turn off that keeps one away from Apple products. Maybe the products are good and must be best among all, but what is the use majority of people can’t use them. It is like the Apple’s products are only designed for the rich. I don’t think that most of the middle class people in India wouldn’t be able to afford such expensive devices. Many people who own Apple devices say that the technology used in Apple products is great, but many other developers bring many of those technologies in lower price after some months.

The money that we need to spend on products of Apple aren’t limited to the purchase of iPhone or any other devices. We then have t buy applications that will help us operate the devices. These apps don’t come cheap. They are again priced at high rate which is not affordable to many people in India. I think that when a person purchases a Apple product, he purchases a shirt which has no pockets, buttons, collars and so on. After the person pays, he gets one button stitched, then he pays more to get more buttons stitched. I still don’t understand why Apple can’t give full features like Microsoft. Why do we need to keep buying everything.
    One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.

I get a feeling that Apple ties to discriminate among various people. They want to create a different community which owns Apple devices. Apple fails to accept and work on the formats from other devices. Again the devices like iPhone and iPad don’t have any direct means to transfer data from phone or device of other brand. There is no Bluetooth in iPhone and Pad but there is mechanism to connect two Apple devices to share the data. It is like only people who have Apple products can share stuff among themselves without letting a single non-Apple user between them. I think that this is wrong and thus I avoid Apple’s products.

Microsoft provides better products than Apple can ever do. For example, Windows XP can run on any motherboard and is compatible with most of the hardware that is available in market. But Apple’s iOS can be used only in computers manufactured by Apple. We can also run Windows XP on Macintosh but not iOS on PC which is meant to run Microsoft’s operating system.

To add to the benefits, products for Windows are more in variety and also cheaper. You will find number of games for Windows XP or Windows 7. Also many softwares for various purposes can be found for Windows. But similarly, if you try to get software for Apple’s device, you will have to pay and won’t get lot of variety.

Even the smartphone and tablets nowadays have Android as its operating system which is much better than iOS. The first thing that I like is that it is an open source operating system. This means that most of the developers can modify it in many ways possible to create their own interface or to add parts to it on their own. Again we will find numerous apps for various purposes. If comparison is made among the apps for Android and iOS, then I think that Android has most of the apps for free while some new ones are paid.

But in app store for iOS, most of the apps are paid, including the old ones and least apps are released for free. Just take an example of Death Rally game. This game was priced at $0.99 and if extra content of game was purchased, the price would go up to $10. But the same game was available for free on Android.

The security that Apple products provides is best of all. Recently, Google itself revealed the lapses and problems in the security of the Android operating system. But there are very few problems with the security of their devices. Also if the problem in security is developed or found, Apple takes a quick action. I think that Android being an open source operating system is more of a disadvantage than an advantage.

A smartphone developer might put a backdoor in it and sell a device which can be later on misused. Also with only one manufacturer for iOS, I think they can’t do such stuff as they could be blamed.

There is no issue of viruses or worms on iOS. But on Windows XP and other operating system, it is common to have viruses and bugs. You click on some website and the virus enters your PC with Microsoft’s operating system. This virus will go on destroying your data and spreading across all the storage systems and computers attached to it. But this is not the case in iOS. There are no viruses. To add to this iOS gives better video and image quality than that of Microsoft’s operating systems. Even the processing speed is better than Windows operating systems. So I prefer Apple products over that of Microsoft or any other developer.