Poll: Which smartphone among LG Optimus 4X HD and Samsung Galaxy Note will you buy?

Thread: LG Optimus 4X HD vs. Samsung Galaxy Note

LG Optimus 4X HD vs. Samsung Galaxy Note

I am willing to buy myself a new smartphone. I searched over internet and found many of them that are useful to fulfill my need. I want a smartphone that is useful for business purpose as well as entertainment. After researching for a long time, I closed in to find that LG Optimus 4X HD and Samsung Galaxy Note are two smartphones best for my use. But again I am confused about which of these two phones should I buy. Can someone tell me some differences and similarities between these two phones so that I can decide which one I should buy?

Re: LG Optimus 4X HD vs. Samsung Galaxy Note

The first thing that you will notice if you kept LG Optimus 4X HD and Samsung Galaxy Note side by side to each other is that Samsung Galaxy Note is much bigger in size than LG Optimus 4X HD. Also with the big size of Samsung Galaxy Note, the screen size of it is larger than LG Optimus 4X HD. The screen size of LG Optimus 4X HD is 4.7 inches while that of Samsung Galaxy Note is 5.3 inches. The resolution that the screen of LG Optimus 4X HD gives is 720 X 1280 while the screen resolution of Samsung Galaxy Note is 800 X 1280. If compared both the screens are good for professional work as well as entertainment. But Samsung Galaxy Note’s screen gives higher quality of graphics than the screen of LG Optimus 4X HD. This is because the PPI of LG Optimus 4X HD’s screen is 312 while that of Samsung Galaxy Note is 284. Both the phones have capacitive type of touch screen on them.

Samsung Galaxy Note and LG Optimus 4X HD are both good for business work as well as entertainment. They both have RAM of capacity 1024 MB which makes it possible to run multiple apps in the smartphone simultaneously. So this means, while working you can have document editor, spreadsheet editor and presentation creator working together as well as internet working for getting data from. As for entertainment, you can also have video, music and game working simultaneously in it.

When it comes to processor LG Optimus 4X HD has faster and better processor than Samsung Galaxy Note. LG Optimus 4X HD has a processor of frequency 1.5 GHz while Samsung Galaxy Note has processor frequency of 1.4. Also LG Optimus 4X HD has a Quad Core processor while Samsung Galaxy Note has a Dual Core processor. This will provide you a seamless working when performing any task on LG Optimus 4X HD or Samsung Galaxy Note. Many times you must have noticed that while playing games, if in background we receive message or email, the game lags in between. Similarly while playing games and listening to music simultaneously lags the game in many smartphones. But because of fast and powerful processors, such problems won’t occur in Samsung Galaxy Note and LG Optimus 4X HD.

If you need to take photos regularly like for architectural purpose or maybe of certain documents or maybe of any other thing then let me tell you that both smartphones will suit you. Samsung Galaxy Note and LG Optimus 4X HD both have 8 megapixel cameras with flash along with it. If you need to have conferences on your smartphones regularly, then Samsung Galaxy Note is much better than LG Optimus 4X HD. Samsung Galaxy Note has 2 megapixel secondary camera while LG Optimus 4X HD has 1.3 megapixel secondary camera. Also if you need to shoot important moments with your friends, both the smartphones have cameras that can record video in resolution of 1080p at 30 fps.

In terms of sensors, there is no difference between Samsung Galaxy Note and LG Optimus 4X HD. Both the smartphones have GPS, Accelerometer, integrated compass and gyroscope. Both Samsung Galaxy Note and LG Optimus 4X HD have audio and video player in them and also FM radio. Neither of them have an internal radio transmitter. Both the smartphones support 3.5 mm jack earphones. Both Samsung Galaxy Note and LG Optimus 4X HD support MicroSD and MicroSDHC memory cards. Only Samsung Galaxy Note supports MicroSDXC which is not supported by LG Optimus 4X HD. The internal memory space available in both smartphones is of 16 GB. So memory storage of both the smartphones is large enough for storage of music, videos, apps, and other data.

Samsung Galaxy Note and LG Optimus 4X HD both don’t have any kind of physical keyboard, neither numeric nor alphabetic. So you will have to type using the onscreen keyboard when using any of these smartphones. Also these smartphones aren’t waterproof. So don’t even think of taking them on round when going for underwater diving. Both the smartphones have Lithium Ion batteries. But one thing that I would say that Samsung Galaxy Note has better battery life as compared to LG Optimus 4X HD.

Both LG Optimus 4X HD and Samsung Galaxy Note have good browsers. With battery fully charged, you can keep on browsing for a good amount of time. You can browse up to 15 hours without having to charge the phone that using 3G or Wi-Fi network. Both the smartphones have support for Adobe Flash which enhances the experience f browsing the internet. With Adobe Flash, one will be able to run fancy animations on various websites with ease. Also it will provide support for flash games on social networking websites like Facebook.

Samsung Galaxy Note and LG Optimus 4X HD both have good network coverage. LG Optimus 4X HD has support for HSDPA type of network which can give speed up to 7.2 MBps while Samsung Galaxy Note supports HSPA type of network. One good thing about Samsung Galaxy Note over LG Optimus 4X HD is that it supports 4G technology while LG Optimus 4X HD supports only 3.5G technology. If given proper network and good network provider services, both the smartphones can provide high speed download and upload. Both Samsung Galaxy Note and LG Optimus 4X HD have support for mobile hotspot and nfc for connecting other devices to it.