Poll: Best between Wii U And PS Vita

Thread: Wii U vs. Playstation Vita

Wii U vs. Playstation Vita

I am planning to but a portable gaming console for my younger brother and hence need a kind of help fro your all guys. Well, i know few things about Nintendo Wii U but I have heard a lot about Playstations Vita. I dont have any idea how is PS vita as i haven't used any PlayStation. Hence I am not able to take a decision about which one is the best.

So I just thought or creating a Thread and ask all the users of techarena what do they think about both of these consoles. Am just creating a poll here so you can comment and also vote for any one of the consoles. Thanks.

Re: Wii U vs. Playstation Vita

My Vote will go with Playstation Vista only. I do love to play games on all Sony consoles, especially on my PSP console. Also all the games which are made for PSP are always amazing. i dint found any boring game made for PSP till date. And the biggest reason I do prefer Playstation Vita is because it is portable and you can enjoy games anywhere while roaming around. But in Wii U case you cannot move around.

I have read many comments from various people who has both PS3 and Vita and according to them both are good at their places. Both are portable and can be taken anywhere along with you. But I would say instead of carrying PlayStation which cannot fit in your pockets you will have to carry a bag for it. So Why not carry Wii U ? it is hardly a matter of 2-3 inches. Not only that much Wii U is also better than PlayStation Vita. So my vote goes to Wii U.

I would like to give you the specification of both this devices

Wii U Specification

Processors:

* CPU: IBM Power Architecture processor based on the POWER7 architecture also used by the Watson supercomputer.
    * GPU: AMD Radeon HD based GPU

Storage:

* Internal flash memory, expandable via SD memory cards and USB hard disk drives
    * Slot-loading optical disc drive compatible with 12 cm "proprietary high-density optical discs" (25GB per layer) and 12 cm Wii optical discs

Ports and peripheral capabilities:

* SD memory card slot (supports SDHC cards)
    * USB 2.0 ports (2 at front of console, 2 at rear)
    * Sensor Bar power port
    * "AV Multi Out" port
    * HDMI 1.4 out port

Sony PlayStation Vita technical specifications:

• Processor : ARM Cortex – A9 core (4 core)
    • GPU : SGX543MP4+
    • External Dimensions : 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm
    • Display : 5-inches Multi touch screen (capacitive type) ,960 x 544 resolution,16m colors, OLED
    • Rear Touch Pad : Multi touch pad (capacitive type)
    • Cameras : Front camera, Rear camera

I just gave you the Specifications as you can come to know which is better in both this devices.

I would also go for PS Vita. I can say this because I do own both Wii as well as PS3. As PlayStation Vita is similar to PS3 but it has joystick and even touch screen so I think If anyone tell me to buy one of these both I will surely go for PlayStation Vita.