Poll: How many are still using Windows XP as their operating system?

Thread: How many are still using Windows XP as their operating system?

How many are still using Windows XP as their operating system?

Since the release of Windows XP in year 2001, we have seen various versions of it releasing. This operating system went on to become the most popular OS that Microsoft ever released. Many people used this operating system for past 11 years. But now, Microsoft has released Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 after Windows XP. Along with the Operating systems released by Microsoft, you will also find many other operating systems from Linux and Apple. In the time where one has choice of so many operating systems, advanced as well as simple ones, I wanted to ask how many people still use Windows XP as their operating system?

Re: How many are still using Windows XP as their operating system?

I still use Windows XP as it is easy to use and doesn’t require much resources to use. My profession requires me to do text editing and for that I don’t need some high end hardware and software. So for simple use, Windows XP is the best. I have tried using Windows Vista and Windows 7, but again I couldn’t find it as efficient as Windows XP. This operating system doesn’t have any fancy interface like its next operating systems or some fancy features, but still I find it useful. I have been using Windows XP since last eight years and not once has it disappointed me. It provides a decent security which is useful if you aren’t storing any highly confidential data on your system. Also Windows XP is very good when it comes to entertainment. It plays a large number of video and audio formats.

Windows XP has become so old. It doesn’t even support many new types of software. As the hardware has started improving, so does the operating system needs to improve. I agree that Windows XP is one of the best operating systems that world has seen and used. But it was best till last two to three years. Windows XP didn’t support newer and advanced hardware efficiently, so need for new operating systems was needed. Many new types of file systems were developed after Windows XP which it didn’t support. To have these features supported, it was necessary to have a completely new operating system. I am currently using Windows 7 and it is much better than Windows XP was. It has good and advanced features. The interface itself looks much advanced than Windows XP. The best part is that if some software is meant for Windows XP or any other older operating system, then Windows 7 provides options to run the application in the compatibility mode of that old operating system. Thus, Microsoft hasn’t completely eliminated Windows XP; it has added certain important features in Windows 7.

I have never used any operating system produced by Microsoft. I have used only Mac OS in my life. It is not like I have never even touched Windows OS, but if reliability and security of both Windows and Mac OS is compared, Mac OS will win by big margin for sure. Windows XP and other operating systems by Microsoft are prone to virus attacks and corruption of data files. As compared to it, Mac OS doesn’t get affected by virus and corruption of files is least. I have some PCs with Windows XP installed in it and I have transferred data on it. I felt that data transfer on Mac OS is almost twice faster than in Windows XP. Also the resolution that Mac OS provides to the display is very high as compared to Windows XP. I am a video editor by profession and I use Apple’s Final Cut Pro for video editing. Similarly, some people prefer using Adobe Premiere Pro for same purpose. In Apple, I can easily work on high definition videos without having to reduce the quality, but in Windows XP, even after having high end hardware, the display quality has to be reduced to half for smooth functioning.

Windows xp is best window for all.Everyone can easily understand.It is best operating system of the world after windows 98.Now these days are very modern new operating systems are discovering like as windows seven and eight and many more to work easily.