• Portable hard drive

0 0%
  • Memory card

0 0%
  • USB flash/thumbdrive

0 0%
  • Other

1 50.00%

Thread: Best way to transfer big files between one computer to another?

Best way to transfer big files between one computer to another?

Hi…… Friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which method do you use to transfer large files to one PC to another? If you have selected other option then tell me about that.

Re: Best way to transfer big files between one computer to another?

Well I am making use of DVD-RW/RAM disc. it is really useful to transfer data really fast. Right now I am having LG RAM compatible multi-drive. Another option I am having using 2GB SD card with all in one card reader to do data transfer.

Recordable drives are also suitable for data transfer from one system to another.. I use to copy the files on the recordable drive and paste it on the same you can also copy the files on the targeted computer. after competing with the data transfer I used to erase the drive.

Currently I am using Seagate external hard drives. So far I am having 5 external hard drives and I am using those for different purpose. I need to unplug the hard drive from one computer to another computer.

I let you know that I am using any of the above mentioned options to transfer files. It is dependent on what is available and capacity of source and receiving systems. Right now I am having larger external hard drive as well as CD-Rs to back up in order to transfer many of the files. Sometimes I also make use of CD, Zip, USB flash and thumb drive or LAN depending on the situation.

Normally I used to transfer data by using CD or DVD drive. I am also having rewritable DVD to transfer data.

I used to copy .dbx(outlook express)files, My Documents, My Address Book, Works Calander. I simply copy them on the second internal hard drive. So far I am using this particular method whenever I wanted to do clean reinstall of windows on my computer. after competing with formatting data I simply restore back all the data from the other hard drive.

Whenever you are looking to transfer file from Mac to Mac you will need to use firewire target mode for the every single computer. apple will provide you an utility which will be useful to copy files, settings and applications and setup the same structure as it was on the old computer.

I wanted to tell something interesting about the Mac users. You should go for Disk Target Mode. If target as well as destination computer is having Firewire 800 then you will need to connect with each other with Firewire. After that you have to reboot the system by pressing and holding t when the system is getting boot. computer will act as Firewire hard drive and it will allow pretty fast transfer speed without removing any of the disk. It will also work when computer is not booting because of some kind of issue in Operating system installed.

I think making use of LAN connection or crossover cable is supposed to be the most easy way to transfer data. as far as I know network is the fastest mean of transferring files between the computers. Once you have done successful setup you will be able to continue with the sharing of the files.

I like to use handy tools like Flash Drive or you can say USB drive. Right now I am having 4GB drive and I am using that all the time. I used to drag and drop the files on the drive. I remove it and then take it to different computer where I wanted to transfer the files. After reaching the desire computer I plug the drive with computer and cut and paste the files on the targeted machine.

I like to use external hard drive to transfer data and second one is crossover cable. Both of them above mentioned solutions are really easy to use.