• 451 to 550

2 40.00%
  • 551 to 650

0 0%
  • 651 to 750

0 0%
  • 751 and above

0 0%

Thread: How many watts of power supply do you use!

How many watts of power supply do you use!

I have circle power supply with 400 watts! I have Intel core2duo processor with Asus board and 500GB hard disk ,I also have ATI Radeon graphic card! In order to run this system I need minimum 400 watts of power supply! In order to use your system more efficiently you should have better power supply in your system! How many watts do you guys prefer ?

Re: How many watts of power supply do you use!

Your system should have at least 350 watts of power supply in order to work properly! Sometimes if you don’t have proper power supply as needed by the system then it can have ill effects on your system. The more and better power supply to your system makes it work efficiently. Many power supply are able to work on any voltage but not all, if you don’t have proper voltage or have electricity problem you should also use voltage regulator or UPS as a backup for a power supply with low voltage! Generally video cards or graphic cards require strong power supply to work!

For those who are using 300 watts and below power supply : There are number of components in our computer and they all need power supply in order to work properly! The performance of the power supply degrades with time and if you upgrade any hardware then it will consume more power so you need to consider all of these things in mind! As per this you should buy new power supply with probably 100watts more!

I have power supply of 450 watts because I am using DVD player, two monitors and graphic card for playing games! This system will not work if I use power supply with lower watts! if I useLow powered PSU then it will simply malfunction by overheating and can cost me high! If you have better power supply then you can always think of upgrading your system!

I have assembled my system myself, it has 3 slots for hard drive, Antec 430 power supply, intel motherboard , 2 GB RAM, ATI radeon 9550 graphic card and 4 fans for cooling! I have enough power supply but sometimes it also re-boots unnecessarily think I need to upgrade my PSU also but first I will check my motherboard as it can be causing to re-boot!

I am running a computer with 450W power supply, the system has DVD/RW and CD/RW there are 3 fans inside the cabinet! i have normal pc configuration but willing to upgrade now because I have met a friend who builds gaming computers! I have played few games on his system and had great time so I am also looking to buy computer with i3 processor may be and DDR3 system!

I have old computer with 2 80GB and 1 50GB hard disk with 2.4Ghz processor but I am using 500 watts PSU taking in mind the 3 drives in one cabinet! i know I have using too much powerful PSU for such small and low configuration computer!

Mine is 350 Watts of power supply which died supplying power to my 2 hard disks , ATI radeon graphic card and DVD player! Damn it smelled very bad and now I am thinking of buying a new power supply of around 450 to 500 W!