• Windows Vista

1 6.25%
  • Windows 7

1 6.25%
  • Never used Windows

0 0%

Thread: Which was the first Windows version you used

Which was the first Windows version you used

This is the question guys and I have setup many options there click on the appropriate option and vote here. I have just created this thread to just know as if which people have started using windows from when? As far as I know windows 1.x is the oldest of them all so that’s why I have added them and since windows 8 has not been completely launched that’s why I haven’t added it. I am sure that maximum of them are going to select windows 95 and windows 98 as their basic os. But still it would be interesting to know what is the end result.

Re: Which was the first Windows version you used

I started using dos first then came windows, win 2.0, 2.1, 3.0, 3.1. yes in the middle there was dos based software launched by IBM. It allowed to input multiple characters, that was the best part of it.

Great to know about that, no, I was not knowing much about the computers and I started using computers in the late 90’s. so that’s why I started with windows 98 as my basic os. Windows 98 did not gave any issues at all while operating. It was a really good operating system, then came windows 2000, nt. Frankly speaking they were not good at all. Then I jumped to windows xp and I am still with it. I haven’t changed my os since then. Since the os that followed, windows vista and windows 7 they weren’t as good as windows xp. Hence I am still sticking with windows xp.

My first windows os was windows 1.0. yes before that it was dos but I think its from IBM that’s why I am not mentioning it. Anyways my vote goes for windows 1.0

Windows 95 for me I haven’t used pc before that just heard of the different os in the textbooks that I used to purchase. I had knowledge about them but windows 95 is the first pc that I owned and it was a good feeling. Now I ma using windows 7. Yes it is a descent operating system. But not as good as windows xp.

I was using an apple computer way back but due to some problems in the running of programs I just migrated to windows. That’s what I had done. Quickly got the windows 95 which I think was the main reason why thousands of people across the world got PC’s at home. It was such a flexible OS that it worked with almost all the operating systems. Once I got with the windows then there is no looking back, but windows 95 has to be my first windows operating system .

Windows 2 and "Gem" desktop that was the first machine of mine that I used and running it on a 2086 processor was such a slow work. The same was the config in my office as well. So I had to handle similar machines at both the places.

Windows vista was the first os for me. I entered the computer world very much late. So I had to start of with a OS that had so many bugs totally new interface for me and working with it was a very sad condition for me. So with the help of my friends we downgraded to windows xp. I liked it a lot and since then I have been using windows xp. Works very well with all the configuration. No such kind of minimum requirement is needed for this OS. However I am waiting for the windows 8 to come out. I have heard a lot about this OS. I just want to see how it works. Hopefully the beta version will come out this month.