• Yahoo! Mail

18 29.03%
  • Windows Live Mail

19 30.65%
  • Gmail

25 40.32%

Thread: Yahoo! Mail vs Windows Live Hotmail vs Gmail

Yahoo! Mail vs Windows Live Hotmail vs Gmail

There are several email clients available in the market viz. Yahoo! Mail, Windows Live Hotmail and Gmail. I wanted to know which one is the best???? And why it is best???? Which one do you prefer???

Yahoo Mail
    Yahoo Mail is placed at number 1 in terms of popularity and providing user friendly interface. It helps to be in touch with friends and family by displaying updates from the various sites like Twitter, YouTube, Pandora, Picasa. Even Yahoo user can chat with Windows Live Hotmail as well as other Yahoo users. You can send text messages to any of the mobile phone and you can receive text as well. New Apps introduced has provided features like photo editing, storing and sharing large files, sending or receiving of money by using PayPal account.

If you are new to yahoo Mail then don’t worry you can import your contact lsit from Facebook, Hotmail and Gmail.Main drawback of Yahoo is user will get lots of advertisement. It is having poor spam filtering and having no support for IMAP.

Windows Live Hotmail
    The Second in place is Windows Live Hotmail. It is providing growing storage. It is having simple user interface which you can easily customize. Integration of Hotmail with Windows Live service is great. Free User will start with 5GB of space for email messages . no need to delete messages as inbox of yours is supposed to grow at steady rate. If user is having more than one hotmail account then he can switch between them quite easily. It is having good spam Filter.

Same as Yahoo it displays updates from the friend by making use of web activates. You can easily send information through email by using Quick Add sidebar. Also you can important contacts from the Gmail, Facebook etc…As Hotmail is part of Windows Live you will get number of services which are associated with Hotmail.The main advantage of Hotmail is 10 MB size limitation for attachment and it is having no support for Virtual drive and send SMS messages.

Gmail

Gmail number 3 popular email client and it offers only 7.3 GB of space. It is having very simple user interface which can be customized. Also it is having tagging support, strong phishing and spam filters. Supports for built-in video and messaging service, SMS support and many more features are provided.

Google Buzz will allow you to set status updates to social network websites like Facebook and Twitter. It providing most of the feature for free so it has become most dangerous competitor for Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail. Gmail provides conversation view which will allow you to keep track f conversation. It also provides Google Docs to share and edit spreadsheets, word documents, and PowerPoint presentations. You can use Google Calendar to manage and share appointments.

The only disadvantage of Gmail is new user has to provide their phone number so that user can receive verification number to activate the account.Whom will you vote out of these ??

Re: Yahoo! Mail vs Windows Live Hotmail vs Gmail

I will go for Gmail. Since it allows you to fetch email from 5 POP3 accounts. So you will be able to access, track, send all the mails from the central location. It’s quite easy to mange several email id a same time. According to me storage space should not be criteria to decide who is winner.

I love Gmail and it is one of the best email service provided out there. they are doing innovative things, creating new things regularly and that’s why it become quite simpler to use email.

Gmail is far better than Yahoo Mail. Currently I am using both however Gmail is quite easy to use.

Yahoo does not provide POP3 access where Gmail provides. According to me it is the most important reason why I wanted to be with Gmail.
    Even the Apps provided by Google is quite neat. Yahoo is having there features but features provided by Gmail are more useful.

I liked new Yahoo Mail. It’s really fast, simple and having tab support. Previously I have been used Gmail but now I am a happy user of Yahoo.

The interface of Yahoo is filled with Flash ads and it seems to be really confusing for me, additionally it consumes bandwidth. Also it is not having support for POP3. So I would not use Yahoo ever.

I am using Gmail. It is really simple to use. No need to look into Yahoo mail and Hotmail at least for me.

Well I am using Yahoo Mail from past couple of years and I am gonna use Yahoo only. It provides unlimited storage however if you don’t access your account for the long time there is possibility that you deactivate your account. You can activate your account but you might lose all email messages.