Voters
14. This poll is closed
  • Drupal 7

9 64.29%
  • Wordpress

5 35.71%

Thread: Drupal 7 VS Wordpress

Drupal 7 VS Wordpress

Nearly all current websites utilize some form of Content Management systems, from Drupal, to Joomla, to WordPress. The reason behind doing this are many where the most important reason is the easiness of making the site more than that, maintaining a site. But the question that arises in Which CMS ? I found that Drupal is better than Joomla, but what about Drupal VS Wordpress ? I don’t have much idea about Wordpress, hence wanted to know, is it better than Drupal ?

Re: Drupal 7 VS Wordpress

I don’t think WordPress is good for building any website. It can be used for blogging and its really good for that. As per Joomla , it was difficult for me to grasping the concept, even if they do have huge templates. Similarly, all other CMS systems have their separate benefits. But one way or another Drupal seemed to be a good balance to me. Drupal has many advanced features that make the difference with Joomla and WordPress. However, they require technical expertise and therefore a higher entry price .

Re: Drupal 7 VS Wordpress

Drupal’s thousands of add-on modules and designs allows you to create a website and stock you can imagine. It is free, flexible, robust and continually being enhanced by thousands of passionate people from all over the world. At the other hand, Wordpress’ core software is build by 100s of Volunteers community, along with plenty of plugins and themes that helps you to convert your website into Almost Anything You Can Imagine. Just for the features comparison, here are Drupal’s advantages:

• Is a CMS in the true sense of the word
    • User profiles are extensible and very flexible
    • The categorization of the content is very innovative, although initially hard to understand
    • It's great for generating dynamic web
    • You can choose different templates for the control panel

While the advantages of Wordpress are:
    • It's easy to install, maintain and modify the code
    • It is very easy to use
    • There are thousands of templates and plugins for Wordpress because their community is very large. While there is little Drupal modules.