Poll: Which one you prefer the most

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Best Content Management Software

Best Content Management Software

I am looking for the Content Management software for my website and that is why making this post so that lost of user can share their vote to help me know about the best Content Management Software. If you are any idea about the best one then share your view on this post. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Best Content Management Software

My recommendation is nothing but the Joomla which is the best CMS that i have ever seen. Joomla is the clear leader in terms of content management. Easy to deploy, easy to use, it is acclaimed by thousands (even millions) of webmasters (professional or otherwise) worldwide. The project was born after splitting into two entities teams working on the project mambo (which is also a CMS). Joomla! (Which in Swahili , means everything, all together) is a cms based on a broad community to continue its development and constantly improve its operation. Installing Joomla is simple as possible and only takes a few minutes at a regular CMS. Technical side you will need to have a server that supports PHP (Apache recommended) with a MySQL database. You can use the Joomla to build your own community. So if you can then go with the same and see whether get it work or not.

Wordpress is probably the engine of the most popular blog in the world, cms which is both simple and flexible allowing the original broadcast and multimedia editorial content updated frequently. Also available as an online service downloadable version is aimed at a more sophisticated, and wishing to give a truly special to her blog, either by the application of Custom design or by adding one (or more) plugins.

Wordpress cms like any good offers in fact heavily customize their site via a set of templates and modules. Technical side developers have chosen PHP (4.2 or higher) and a database (MySQL or PGSQL) to run their sites. It will be imperative to have a server database and a PHP server (Apache recommended). Although very focused Bloging, allows Worpress with many plugins to turn his blog into a real website if you deem it necessary.

Used by nearly 350 000 Webmaster (from the editor) Drupal is a content management system midway between wordpress and joomla. His versatility is probably the greatest strength of this solution open source. Incidentally, Drupal is the basis for the deployment of e-shop Ubercart. The Drupal installation is fairly simple and similar to another cms. It is possible to quickly use the platform in its base to create your site. The default design is sleek and nice (he must still love the blue). It is of course possible to modify it according to his wishes.

The administration holds dozens (maybe more) options. Adding new modules, placement of blocks, creating an article or news. Each module in the same right to a particular area of administration.

Until recently, to develop basic sites (and not so basic) e-commerce, either for their own projects or for customer projects, had resorted to CMS's relatively well-known for their development. I got to use OS Commerce , Joomla + Virtue Mart , WP E-Commerce (plugin for WordPress), and the truth is that they are all relatively good but, I repeat, for entry-level projects. If you require more advanced features always had to resort to computer programming to modify the code to my action (or the extent of the request).

Fortunately, I read some promising reviews a couple of weeks on Magento , a free CMS (free) specialized e-commerce sites. I decided to try its latest version (1.3.0) and I've been pleasantly surprised by its excellent features, but also caused me several headaches during installation and configuration. I'm pretty sure this post will serve them very helpful to all those who want to try this new CMS, and I will review the problems for me and other users have gone through the installation and configuration process. Most of the documentation I could find is in English, and not necessarily the most useful I found it in the community or the wiki for the official Magento.

A day or two months, the CMS Silverstripe in phpMagazin already presented. Silverstripe is praised as a very modern high, and even Google has its fingers in the pie. The first look I noticed the CMS because of its very slow and not very extensive admin interface. Slow is the result of numerous CMS Javascript and CSS files, which together, according to one of my extensions, should be almost 1 MB. Whatever. The CMS is very slow, the framework at first glance, better than others and how to deal with the CMS very cumbersome. Since there are few better alternatives on the market.