Poll: What do you think HTML is ?

Thread: Do you think HTML is a Programming language

Do you think HTML is a Programming language

HTML - Hypertext Markup Language is a programming language or not this is a very heavily discussed topic some of the programmers think that it is a programming language while some of them feel that it is not a programming language instead they call it as formatting language. Even i think that the HTML is a programming language. What do you think. Anyways vote for our choice but if you have some suitable reason for considering HTML as a Programming Language please do not hesitate to elaborate on your statement.

Re: Do you think HTML is a Programming language

I totally disagree with you because In principle it is wrong, however, it is not a programming language. From a programming language it is referred to A programming language performs a particular task, a sequence of commands. In HTML this is not the case in HTML, No tasks were performed, because HTML is nothing more than overlooked and structure of linked text. The correct term for HTML is "static markup language". So i think that this is not a programming language.

HTML only controls the behavior of the content that are displayed on a particular page. To perform even a basic function HTML needs support from the Scripting languages like javascript and phpscript. if it would have been a programming language then it would have been capable of doing all these task itself. It cannot be regarded as a programming language. Hopefully this will definitely help you to fix this issue.

As far as i know HTML is a programming language how can you say that it is not a programming language. There are people who do not think that HTML is a programming language. But i love HTML Programming HTML can perform all the task which a particular programming language can do. I agree that HTML needs support of JavaScript as well as the PHPScripts to perform certain functions. Which takes HTML to a higher level.