View Poll Results: Which Macbook will you prefer?

Voters
19. This poll is closed
  • New Macbook Air

11 57.89%
  • MacBook Pro

8 42.11%

Thread: New Macbook Air vs Macbook Pro

New Macbook Air vs Macbook Pro

I'm notoriously hot on new Apple toys. But one must also consider time. My Macbook is about a year old and this time my thoughts where I far off the mark against the Macbook Air. One must remember that the Air would be a replacement for my Macbook and not a supplement.
    • Size

The air is pretty thin, but the Macbook has not had any ball and chain. Would be a nice2have.
    • Hard Drive

I did a week ago installed a 320 GB drive in my Macbook. What am I to do with a 80 GB Platt eim Macbook Air? The bursts out of the box but the seams. But certainly they also after a short time can install a 160 GB drive. More of a minus for the Air
    • Drive

The Macbook Air has no built-in drive. I do not really need, since I rarely burn and what installation via Remote Disk would be ok.
    • Network

I can not get used to the idea of no more integrated cable network and I have to fully rely on wireless. Wireless is great, but if even a few hundred MB has pushed through the area, knows the difference. Of course one could take a USB wireless adapter and allow the at least hang out at home on cable. Whether I was a USB cable or a LAN cable is anstöpsel care. Are just extra cost for the adapter. More of a minus for the Air
    • Multi-Touch Trackpad

Cool thing! Support the mobile labor. When I'm home, I got most of a mouse on it and will always remain the most productive working machine. Nevertheless, a definite plus for the Air
    • Battery life

There have been no problems with the Macbook. This makes about 2-3 hours depending on the brightness of the display. Although a plus for the Air, but I would hardly use it.
    • Coolness factor

The course is extremely high with the Air, but probably even comes up the next Ultra-Thin MacBook Pro with the new trackpad.
    • Speed

My Macbook has 2 GB and a faster processor than the Air I would reluctantly compromise. A clear negative for the Air
    • Battery

The Macbook Air has a fixed battery. You can replace the part that is not even just myself. That's a real killer. Something I think was very untimely. Clear negative for the Air
    • Firewire

Firewire I need quite rare. However, I have a Firewire mixer for podcast recording and that would change I reluctantly against a USB version. In addition, the Time Machine backups to a FW drive still the fastest. Could you live with, you will not.

I would like to know your preference. Please vote for your preference. I think Macbook Air is better than Macbook Pro. Here my vote goes to Macbook Air Next Generation.

Re: New Macbook Air vs Macbook Pro

Apple has never again played in the last update of computers, the 13-inch MacBook Pro includes as its predecessor a graphics memory shared with the RAM which penalizes its final performance. But to make matters worse, in this new version have also significantly differentiated from both teams processors. While models of 15 and 17 "include a new generation processor like the Core i5 and i7, the small model of the MacBook Pro range is kept in the" old "Core2Duo processors.

The Macbook Air is cool but still not a replacement for my Macbook. Since I would rather wait a bit and then will think about once a MacBook Pro as a replacement. Nevertheless, I think the Air is very cool and if I would have none of it would be worth considering. Choice changes daily and almost new Mac sold by Apple with a one year warranty. Right now, MacBook Air is a bit poor choice. So it would be better to hold on for some days.

The 15.4-inch display with backlight excited to continue with outstanding brightness and a very good contrast ratio. The calls for a higher resolution has heard Apple, but wants extra money: As an option, the display with 1,680 x 1,050 pixels. The operation succeeds elegant as its predecessor: the glass, large multi-touch pad replaces the mouse and understands gestures with up to four fingers. The keyboard has a good pressure point and is in the dark lit by LEDs. The new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Core i7 CPU is an elegant and robust force package with a great display. The target group are power users who are price and the lack of Blu-ray support cannot be put off by the comparatively high.

Everything depends on your needs or requirements:
    • If you are looking for a powerful notebook => MacBookPro
    • If you are looking for a laptop just for internet / email / office casual => MacBook
    • If you are looking for a laptop very stylish and if you can afford => MacBook Air
    • More opinions.

Here i will vote for the MacBook Pro because i am using Macbook Pro and i really like it very much.