Poll: Which One Is The Best? Facebook OR Orkut? Post a Poll

Thread: Which One Is The Best? Facebook OR Orkut?

Which One Is The Best? Facebook OR Orkut?

What did you think about it? Which one is best one? I have used both of them and think that though Facebook is providing more faster response compared to the Orkut and also it is having some or the other advanced features. So, Facebook is best. I have got the details below for the both of them :

Orkut:

Orkut is a site of Social networking which allows to connect friends of his friends. It was launched January 22, 2004 by Orkut BuyukkoktenA student from Stanford, Who developed the site to the university before becoming an employee of Google. You will simply able to add the Videos to the profile from either YouTube or Google Video. You can also restrict them or you will also able to publish that for all of them. It also have integrated GTalk which will provide you facility to chat with the other online members.

Re: Which One Is The Best? Facebook OR Orkut?

Facebook :

Facebook is Social Network created Zuckerberg and intended to bring people closer or unknown. Facebook provides users with optional features called "applications", represented by small boxes stacked in multiple columns that appear on the display page user profile. These applications are changing the page the user and allow him to present or exchange information with people who visited her page. Users can find for example:
    • list of his friends;
    • list of friends he has in common with other friends;
    • list of networks to which the user and his friends belong;
    • list of groups the user belongs;
    • box to access the photos associated with the user's account;
    • "mini-feed" summarizing the latest developments regarding the user or his friends on Facebook;
    • "wall" allowing the user's friends to leave little messages which the user can respond.

As an application of Social Network, Facebook enables users to enter personal information and interact with other users. The information may be made available to the network concerning the Vital, Studies and interests. This information helps users find common interests. They can form groups and invite other people. Interactions between members include the sharing of multimedia documents and correspondence. I am also fan of the Facebook.

A virus named Koobface uses the Facebook account of his victims. It was discovered in November 2008 by publisher McAfee and spreads by sending email friends of those whose computer has been infected, and if the user has the unfortunate idea to download the program, the computer will be infected and will direct users to sites contaminated during research Google, Yahoo or MSN. It means that facebook is not secure. I have not heard such incident with Orkut yet. So, I think that is better one.