Poll: Which is the best Web Browser for Mobile Phones?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which is the best Web Browser for Mobile Phones?

Exclamation Which is the best Web Browser for Mobile Phones?

Guys Vote for the best Mobile Phone Web Browser That You Have Come Across!

Bolt

• It’s Java ME (J2ME), so it should work on most featurephones. Don’t expect it to work on your iPhone, though.
    • WebKit based rendering engine
    • Relatively lightweight - 150kb storage, 500kb of RAM required
    • Fast! In BOLT’s words: “Bitstream measured download speeds of 13 popular websites including Amazon.com, CNN.com, ESPN.com and nytimes.com. The second fastest browser averaged download speeds in excess of 18 seconds across all pages. On the same phones, using the same networks, BOLT’s average download speed was under 13 seconds, a full 5.5 seconds faster. “
    • Like Opera Mini (the main J2ME competition), data is passed through a proxy for rendering and compression before being passed to the handset, speeding things up and saving battery life. It’s generally a good thing, though such practices tend to spook most security-minded folk. Pages are compressed at a rate of 23:1.
    • RSS reader built in, with automatic feed detection
    • “Split screen browsing” - 2/3 of the screen shows the full page, serving as a mini-map with a highlighting box, while the other 1/3 shows the magnified area.
    • URL auto completion
    • Phone numbers automatically parsed for Click-to-call
    • User interface is currently English only, but the browser can render pages written in any Western-European language.
    • AJAX support, and Flash video support (Sort of - it’ll take FLV files and convert them to the more mobile-friendly 3GP format, streaming that to you.) Note that that’s Flash video, not Flash in its entirety.

Opera

Opera Mini is a web browser designed primarily for mobile phones, but also for smartphones and personal digital assistants. It uses the Java ME platform and consequently requires that the mobile device be capable of running Java ME applications. Opera Mini is offered free of charge, supported through a partnership between its developer, the Opera Software company, and the search engine company Google.
    Opera Mini was derived from the Opera web browser for personal computers, which has been publicly available since 1996. Opera Mini began as a pilot project in 2005. After limited releases in Europe, it was officially launched worldwide on January 24, 2006.
    Opera Mini requests web pages through the Opera Software company's servers, which process and compress them before relaying the pages back to the mobile phone. This compression process makes transfer time about two to three times faster, and the pre-processing smooths compatibility with web pages not designed for mobile phones.

ThunderHawk

ThunderHawk is a mobile web browser from Bitstream available for a full range of operating systems in high end (Windows mobile and Symbian browsers) and mass-market (Java browser) mobile phones and PDAs.
    Unlike most browsers, ThunderHawk does not re-purpose or reformats the content, and provides a desktop-like view of the web page. Data is transmitted to the mobile phone in a compressed transport format, i.e., the visible web page regions (text) are received first, while the rest of the images and other data are automatically transferred in the background.

TeaShark

Teashark is a mobile web browser for Java MIDP 2.0. It is a browsing client which works in cooperation with the Teashark servers which transcode (and partly pre-renders) websites and then sends the results to the mobile device, like Opera Mini. Such 'transcoding' is not necessarily faster (as this is extra overhead) than 'direct' browsing like most phones built-in browsers or Opera Mobile does, particularly when Wi-Fi, UMTS or HSDPA is used as data transfer medium. It supports Javascript as long as no interactive actions are used like popup menus or timed events. It features a preview based history, tabbed browsing (up to 3-4 pages open at a time), a list of all visited pages like desktop browsers and a nice bookmarking capability. Moreover it uses a AppleWebkit / Linux user agent which allows viewing full web sites rather than limited mobile sites what other mobile browsers do.

UCWeb

UCWEB is a web browser for mobile devices such as mobile phones. UCWEB is now ranked #1 in the Chinese mobile web browser market. It supports multiple tab browsing and copying specific text from the web page!

Skyfire

Skyfire is a mobile web browser for Windows Mobile 5 and 6 and Symbian S60 v3. It is currently in open beta testing. It is the first browser software for Windows Mobile which can view Adobe Flash content and streaming video.
    In Skyfire, a webpage is fully rendered by a server separate from the mobile device, similar to the operation of a thin client.

Netfront

NetFront for S60 is a modular, scalable, full-featured mobile browser that supports full Internet browsing and offers the most comprehensive feature set currently available in the market. To make mobile browsing convenient, NetFront for S60 includes unique technologies like Smart-Fit Rendering™, which intelligently adapts standard Web pages to the screen width of a S60 phone and eliminates the need for horizontal scrolling. To get information as fast as possible NetFront starts displaying a Web page in a simplified format and automatically enriches the layout as more elements get downloaded. This Rapid-Render technology allows you quickly gain an overview about the contents and select further reading links before the complete download of larger objects such as pictures or animations.

NetFront provides S60 mobile professionals with a fast and powerful mobile Internet browsing experience and advanced features like configurable shortcuts for fastest access to program functionality, seamless integration with contacts and messaging applications, and support for user style sheets.

New features in NetFront v3.3 are an intelligent Pop-Up Blocker, RSSAtomfeed support, web data and password manager, multiple browser windows, and improved DHTML support.
    NetFront for S60 Features

• Support for JavaScript and dynamic content
    • Full Internet access on Series 60 devices
    • Custom configuration settings
    • Smart-Fit Rendering™ optimizes display of standard Web content for small screens
    • Local file browsing
    • Scrollbar, data counter
    • Integrated RSSAtomfeed reader
    • Customizable shortcuts for fastest operation
    • Tight integration with other applications like ”Contacts” and media players
    • PDF document support (not included in all versions)

compatible with Nokia 6600, 6620, 6260, 7610, 6630, 6670, 6680, 6681, 6682, 3230, N70, Panasonic X700, Panasonic X800, Samsun
    Non pdf version

Re: Which is the best Web Browser for Mobile Phones?

I'll go with Bolt...! It has all the processing and compression done on the server side! It also supports AJAX and FLV video on our phones! Its a lite application just 152kb with heavy support...!

I'll go with opera! Classic simple to use and widely supported by almost all phones! Opera Rockz! So does TA...!!

Quote Originally Posted by FaMe FacToR View Post
    I'll go with Bolt...! It has all the processing and compression done on the server side! It also supports AJAX and FLV video on our phones! Its a lite application just 152kb with heavy support...!
    I am totally agree with you right now I am testing this browser & to my surprise I found this very cool!
    Thanks again!

I will also prefer to go with OPERA MINI, because it is very user friendly and supports for all the windows platform, beside that its has lots of add-ons features..

My best wishes for Opera Mini,so Guys say Cheers for OPERA MINI

I Wud prefer Opera Mini.....the scrolling feature is Quite Good!!!!

Sometimes it does nt connect to GPRS on series 40 phones......

opera.....................

Opera mini 4.0 is the best browser for mobile phones

Thanks

According to me the bolt is the best for mobile web browser. BOLT presents users with a speedy, well-organized technique to take pleasure in full desktop PC-style web pages, streaming video, and community media submission on the complete levels of mobile apparatus. It is in addition superior for speed and presentation on resource-constrained systems with inadequate memory, processing power and screen space. BOLT is a downloadable browser that presents an uncompromised browsing acquaintance the complete levels of mobile phones, together with lower-end mobile phones. Reasonably than presenting a simplify, mini-version or description of the Internet.

willc112 Guest

i used Opera first , but after sometime one of my frnd told me about BOLT , i used this browser and feel its better then opera , speed wise and userfrndly , or it might be as i m using HTC smart which is on new OS BREW

My suggestion to you is to use the OperaMini. This is the best among the entire available browser on web. It will provide you the faster access to the internet. It transforms the web site for your mobile and so reduces the response time. So my vote goes for Opera and I think that you should also try this once.

opera but uc browser for downloading

Quote Originally Posted by himanshu09 View Post
    opera but uc browser for downloading
    Yeah, i too agree with this. Opera is good enough for browsing but for downloading, no browser is better than UC browser on mobiles. If you by mistake close the browser or mobile switched off, the downloaded content will be paused there itself and it will continue form the same point on next startup, whereas this is not available in Opera or inbuilt browsers.

Well after doing research on alot of mobile browsers on the Internet I have made a report on it. Well maybe depending on what kinda mobile you use to browse the web the browser differs from Mobile to mobile.

I'll go with opera! Classic simple to use and widely supported by almost all phones! Opera Rockz! So does TA...!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast