Thread: Mineral Oil submerged pc for extreme overclocking

Mineral Oil submerged pc for extreme overclocking

Overclocking has become more and more easier due to liquid cooler. I remember that when this was started there were only custom modders who use to apply liquid cooler on their pc and created a platform for overclocking. Later on leading cpu cooling manufacturers adopted this new thing and provided portable liquid coolers. This are cheap and easy to add. I am using one of it. And it really keeps the cpu temperature at a low point. There is no problem with a bit of overclocking also. Now I found a new concept were a modders are using Mineral Oil inside the cpu cabinet completely submerged. And this adds a very high rate of heat absorption. That means it is lot more easier to keep the processor cool.

Re: Mineral Oil submerged pc for extreme overclocking

Mineral Oil submerged pc are available for sale. You can even make your own if you want. There are nice guides on the web that will tell you about building up a Mineral Oil submerged pc. All you have to do is buy the right components and done. It is right that Mineral Oil submerged pc are more cooler compared to a regular air cooling support. And it also put a impact on other components. It gives a overall cooling support to all the components of a pc. There is some care needed to build a pc like this. There must not be leakage. Or else it can cause other problems. It is still a costly solution, but very effective for those who are serious about overclocking.

Its a new concept. I had seen this in a YouTube video and this looks really awesome. But do you think there is a risk in this. There are some modders that even use vegetable oil on the system to keep it more cooler. There is a cpu fan still applied that keeps on working. Mineral Oil cooling will take some time to appear in the market. Because you need a close cabinet that can work well without causing much problem. The current cpu case that we have will not work. It has too many openings in it. There are special cases needed for this. Liquid cooling is the best option till today I think.

Really it is a new concept. I had seen a few video on the web that is based on this new kind of mineral oil stuff. And it really looks amazing. But there must be some cons also for that. The hardware is dipped inside mineral oil. And it can cause problem in future. I hope this is quiet safe. What about the leakage thing. The video which I had seen has a custom case. It was like a fish pot. And in that the hardware looks really great. With some led lights it will be bit impressive to see. I had tried looking on the web for a information on that but this thing is entirely new and no one has yet tested it out. The mineral oil which is used in that would be of a specific quality.

The good thing about liquid coolers is that you can still use your pc if it is heating a lot. A reliable liquid coolers helps you a lot in using your system. While compare to them in a regular air cooler when the cpu temperature reaches a desire point your system might get crash. Here you can work slowly. Start with verifying all the process in your system. Like the background applications. See that if you are not using too much programs. You can just test by turning on your pc in safe mode. And if there it works well then surely it is a OS related problem. Backup your data and just format. Install Windows back from scratch.

It is a new thing. And if this got successful then I am quiet sure heating problem will be resolved. It is going to cover all the hardware of a system. And if there is a proper cooling support provided then surely this will protect the system for getting hot while overclocking. Till yet I am unable to find any relative information that can say using a Mineral Oil in system can provide better protection from heating. It is just something experimental that people are doing. And there is a special requirement also for the same. Heating is a big issue that destroy the hardware and cause nice amount of loss to overclocking testers.

There is a site on the web who offer mineral oil submerged pc. It is found that this mineral oil is around 5 time better when it comes to transferring heat from pc. Air cpu cooler are not so great here. They have rpm limitation. And in mineral oil, the liquid gets hot. With appropriate cooling solution it increase the efficiency of pc to perform well. The good part here is that mineral oil is better compared to a vegetable oil. It is a non-conductive fluid that does not cause any kind of short circuit. But it do need a good case. It should be tightly packed and all ports are over the top. We might need good case for this.