Thread: Replacing heatsink of Cooler Master Hyper TX3 for more cooling

Replacing heatsink of Cooler Master Hyper TX3 for more cooling

I am quiet not able to get the quality of cooling that I was expecting from Cooler Master Hyper TX3. This one does not looks to be working so well. I want some help here through which I can make the cooling a lot more better.I face major issue when I try to play games in dual monitor. The system gets hots really fast and I am not able to do anything on that. So for that I think doing something with the heat-sink will help. Is there a way through which I can add a custom heat-sink on the same and enhance the cooling in lot more better way.

Re: Replacing heatsink of Cooler Master Hyper TX3 for more cooling

It is only possible to replace a heatsink if you can get the exact mold. Or else it wont be easy. For custom heatsink you have to contact some person who can simply give you a custom heatsink and that would be lot more costlier than the regular one. I think you must go ahead with buying a bigger size fan which has a heatsink that has copper pipes on it. So that it can draw out maximum heat from the same. That would be a lot more easier way to deal with the heating issue you are facing. Or else you can go with a portable liquid cooler also.

You can either get another heat sink of the same model or just get a new one. It is not easy to fit anything else in this. Most of the coolers works really well but if they are not properly fitted then you face such issues. You have to check that once. Or else you can also try replacing the thermal paste which will further help you to cool your cpu more. Just remove the fan and check the fittings properly. And if possible try to add a good quality paste. You can find one with an sticker type shape. You just have to apply that on the processor and fit the fan and done. This will keep the system more cooler.

There are ample of models in the market. You can go and buy one. Most of the costly coolers comes with copper pipes in them. The more you get the better will be cooling options. Copper pipes are capable of drawing out heat at a very faster rate. And with a good big size fan on the top side it is also easier to cool the heatsink. If you think that your cpu is getting hot while usage then you have to just check the fan rpm. If it is low then it means the fan is not proper. You can get a new fan and fit the same on it and get more better cooling support on it.

Today it is possible to get a budget liquid cooler in the market. Before this was quiet complicated because everything there was manual way of doing that. But now there are nice portable and budget liquid coolers which are more effective compared to a regular cpu fan. A air cooler just gets more and more hotter and also loose its performance as time goes on. But liquid cooler compare to that are more reliable and needs minimum maintenance. Compare to a regular cpu fan they might 4 to 5 times more costly but quiet effective and are capable of keeping the temperature low.

The cheapest one here starts with Rs.4000. And if you try finding a used one then you have to pay lesser. I had bought one from Deepcool and this is really effective. I am having a gaming pc and each time when I play games for hours the cpu just gets over heated. The temperature easily crosses 75degree. And once I had applied this liquid cooler then things are lot more cooler know. On maximum gameplay the cpu temperature remains at 50degree max. It does not crash due to which I am able to play many games for longer period and there is no problem at all.