Thread: High cpu temperature on Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5

High cpu temperature on Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5

There is some major issue with Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 when it comes to overclocking. I am finding out some unstable temperature on the same. I am not able to figure out why this motherboard is not able to get a stable temp even after having so many extra feature for handling the overclocking part. It is getting hot and hotter as I keep on using it and sometime the pc just shutdown on its own. I had tried a lot but still when I go in the bios to check the temperature it is way too high and it does not goes down.

Re: High cpu temperature on Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5

You have to see that the cpu fan that you are using is working well or not. Sometime it happens that the fan is slow and it is unable to draw out maximum heat form the system due to which you are getting the issue. You just have to open the system case and then test it out. And see that the fan is spinning at maximum rate so that you wont get issue with temperature. You can also try opening the system case and replace the cpu thermal paste. This will let the cpu to work more properly and will draw out maximum heat and it will start working well.

Re: High cpu temperature on Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5

That is right. It looks the paste is gone due to which you are getting the issue. And you can try replacing the same. Just try to out this first. Open your case properly and then remove the cpu fan. Then apply a new thermal paste on the same and then insert it back again. Then try to check the temperature in bios and then try out back. I am quiet sure that it will start working and you wont face much problem.If this does not still work then it means that the fan is gone. You have to get a new one.