Thread: after overclocking Radeon R9 290 computer crashes constantly

after overclocking Radeon R9 290 computer crashes constantly

I had recently got my hands on the Radeon R9 290 graphics card. After installing all the required drivers I was only getting 20-30FPS while gaming, so I thought of overclocking this GPU. So, after overclocking the Memory to 1350MHz, the system ran properly for sometime, but soon after that my pc started crashing. Now the whole system is crashing everytime when I am booting to desktop and I am not able to change the overclock settings as well. Does anyone know how should I fix this problem? Thanks

Re: after overclocking Radeon R9 290 computer crashes constantly

What is the make and model of your power supply? I am thiking that it might be possible that the PSU that you are using is not strong enough to handle the Radeon R9 290 graphics card. In any case, you can try to remove all the part and clean and put them again back inside the case. Also, just try to ensure that all the power cables are properly connected. If it is not working then I think that something must have fried inside.

Yes, even I am guessing that the Power Supply you are using is not strong enough to run the graphics card. What other things you can do is, if your motherboard has an integrated graphics then simply try to remove the Radeon R9 290 video card and then try to run the computer on the onboard graphics. If it is working properly then you can assume that there is some problems with your graphics card.

Well, what you can do is, try to boot into Safe Mode and check if the pc stops crashing. If it is still crashing then it sure seems to be a hardware issue but if it is not then it is a software problem. So, if the pc is not crashing then uninstall all the Amd drivers from your pc and also delete any folders with the name AMD or ATI. After that also run some software like Revo Uninstaller to remove all the remains of the graphics driver and then reboot and reinstall the latest graphics driver. Just restart and check if everything is working normally.