Thread: Anyone using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

Anyone using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

There are so many overclocking software that I think are good enough for basic overclocking. I am trying to find out a bit information on Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. My friend is going to build a high end system and on the board features I had seen this utility. I want to know how it really works and what are the options available on this to overclock. Like the different options to configure voltage and other stuff. We are planning to build a Core i5 system for gaming stuff and I hope that through this utility overclocking would be easier.

Re: Anyone using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

Overclocking is not a really big issue. Things that matters is proper cooling. If cooling is not appropriate then I am quiet sure you will be facing problem with the cpu heat and it wont be working well. You have to check that you must spend a bit more money in getting a decent cpu cooler. I think a portable liquid cooler will be more than enough. It will keep the cpu temperature at lowest and you can get decent processing output from the same. Do not rely on the air cooler. That is not enough according to me.

Re: Anyone using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

I had used Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. It is nice for basic overclocking. If you are doing this for the first time then it is good to use some tool that can set auto settings. That means a kind of auto overclocking feature. Where all required frequency must be set on the basis of requirement. Sometime the voltage is boosted above required and cause cpu to heat more. I had seen in motherboards by MSI they have ample of simple utilities that has ready to use profiles for basic overclocking.