Thread: Overclocking Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1

Overclocking Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1

I have recently built a new pc with a new Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 graphics card. I have never done any type of overclocking in my life and therefore I want some advice on same. I am looking to overclock my video card at the moment and not the CPU. I will be overclocking CPU but at a later time when I will get a better CPU cooler. So can anyone tell me how do I overclock my Gigabyte GTX 970 graphics card, please suggest me any safe method. Thanks

Re: Overclocking Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1

You can try to use some overclocking software to overclock your graphics card. There are many software such as the MSI afterburner that you can choose from. With a neat interface, MSI Afterburner is a software for monitoring and overclocking GPU. It incorporates a monitor to check the temperature of your graphics card. MSI Afterburner gives you the ability to change the frequency of the GPU, video memory and Shaders and to change the speed of the fans as well.

Another tool that you can use to EVGA Precision X which is the Ultimate GeForce Controller software helping you set up and overclock any graphics cards. This program allows you indeed to refine your graphics card, you can manage your GPU clock speed, memory clock and speed of the fan. EVGA Precision X also gives you the ability to create up to 10 different profiles with optional hotkeys, a powerful monitoring and screenshots of the game in progress.

There might be a tool given to overclock your Gigabyte graphics card called as the the GIGABYTE OC Guru. It is a handy application designed in order to provide you with a simple means of overclocking your video card. The OC GURU is combined with Adjust area and information area. The Adjust area has 3 pages: OC page, Gaming page and Green page. You should note, though, that stressing the computer components can decrease their lifespan.