Thread: Overclocking GeForce GT 730 graphics card

Overclocking GeForce GT 730 graphics card

I have wondering to buy Geforce 730 2GB GDDR5 graphics card for quite some time and was thinking if this GPU can be overclocked. After overclocking this video card will there be any difference in gaming performance? How much far can I overclock this card with the highest clocks possible? Since this is an year old GPU so I was wondering if overclocking it would allow me to play future games on high settings or will i have to purchase another card? Thank you

Re: Overclocking GeForce GT 730 graphics card

Well, I would not suggest you to go for the Geforce GT 730 card and would recommend you to invest in a bit more money so that you can purchase either a GT 750 or GT 750TI graphics card. Since you are looking for a better performance then you should always purchase a better card. But incase, you are on a budget then you can try going for the GT 730 an use the MSI Afterburner tool to automatically overclock the GPU to its limit.

Even after buying and overclocking the GT 730 video card, you wont get decent performance while gaming even after overclocking because this card is not meant for gaming at all. So, I will also suggest you to go with the GeForce GTX 750 Ti which will cost you only $139.99. This graphics card runs pretty cool and quiet. I am not using any 4K monitor till now, but still I am able to play many youtube vides at 2160p without any issues. This is a good card for gaming as well.

I am using the EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB graphics card on my MSI motherboard with Intel Core i5 and 8gb of RAM and have to say that this is the best card for the buck. It is also very small in size and very power friendly. I do not play games that much but still agree that it handles everything without any sweat and also it remains very quiet. With this card, you can easily play blu-rays, stream video, and play any pc games on the high settings also.