Thread: undo GeForce GTX 660 Ti overclocking

undo GeForce GTX 660 Ti overclocking

I recently overclocked my Geforce GTX 660 Ti graphics card and it was working fine for a couple of days but after sometime when I started booting my pc then it game me a BSOD with error message "Page_Fault_in_non_paged_area". Now I am looking for a way to undo the overclocking without booting up to the desktop. I went into the bios and loaded everything to default but it didnt work as I was still getting the same error message? So, if there is anyone who can tell me how do I solve this problem, it would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: undo GeForce GTX 660 Ti overclocking

What you can do is restart your pc and continuously tap on F8 key to get into Safe mode and then try to Restore to Last Known Good Configuration or else take the Repair Your Computer option to reset the GPU settings. Normally if you login via Safe Mode then also the graphics card settings will be reset. Another method would be to boot into BIOS and turn on the integrated graphics option which will disable your graphics card and then you can boot normally to the desktop and do the needful.

You can also try to remove your graphics card from you motherboard and then connect directly into the motherboard's onboard graphics and then try to boot your computer to the desktop. Once you are at the desktop then try to remove the Overclocking software. After that shut down your computer and reset the CMOS by taking out the battery from the motherboard for 10 minutes. Now reinstall your graphics card and then start your computer again and test.

If still you are not able to boot into Safe Mode which can be used to bypass both the cards drivers and the overclocking software, then your only chance is to reinstall Windows operating system again. Also you will have to make the iGPU as your primary display by going into the BIOS and then under Settings tab you will find this option. If still you are facing similar problems then it might be possible that you have damaged your GPU by overclocking it to its limit, test it on another computer to see the results.