Thread: need opinion on Noctua NH-L9i low profile cooler

need opinion on Noctua NH-L9i low profile cooler

Is there anyone who has this Noctua NH-L9i low profile cooler who can tell me how good it is? I have, 2 days back, build a new mITX computer in a Cooler Master 120 case. Since there is more space in this computer case along wit the Gigabyte H87N motherboard I was wondering if I should go with this cooler or not? So, after getting this CPU cooler, how much of an improvement over the stock cooler will I get? Thanks for any information.

Re: need opinion on Noctua NH-L9i low profile cooler

I have also ordered this Noctua NH-L9i low profile cooler for my Intel i5 core as well. I dont know for sure what will be the case ventilation in the Cooler Master 120 but Noctua has stated that we have to use a CPU with 84W TDP in a good ventilated case and we have to also turn off the Intel Turbo Mode or disable it from the bios. The cooler is not suggested for continuous 100% load work on all the CPU cores. There are many test results also made with this cooler on a i7-2600K, you can check that out by reading its review online.

I am having this CPU cooler installed in my pc and it works like a champ. With the addition of this cooler I found out that atleast 14-18C temperature dropped significantly compared to the stock intel cooler. I was previously using the Zalman cooler in the past but it was not that good. The quality of this Noctua NH-L9i low profile cooler is also very good with good attention to every detail. I dont know whether this cooler will be able to handle the overclocking but it fits properly inside my case.

I am using this cooler in my other computer and it is very quiet at full load as well. I am not able to hear it in my Rosewill ATX case. I have tested its fan by running it at full speed and to my surprise the whole system was very quite. I did all the installation in less than 15 minutes on my i3-4150 CPU. Almost under full load I get a maximum of only 55C temperature. When it is at idle then it goes back to 28C. But the temperature will always vary depending on your computer case and fans, etc.