Thread: Intel Pentium DualCore E5700 overclocking

Intel Pentium DualCore E5700 overclocking

I am using a Asus P5KPL motherboard along with Intel Pentium Dual Core E5700 processor. I want to know whether this CPU can be overclocked at all or it cannot be? I am just having 2GB DDR2 800mhz RAM on my setup as well. If this processor can be overclocked then how much far can I go? Does anyone have any proper settings that I can apply in the BIOS for overclocking this CPU? Thanks for any tips.

Re: Intel Pentium DualCore E5700 overclocking

Well, I have read that Intel Pentium E5700 processor is not a really good CPU for overclocking. However, you can try to set up everything manually in the bios to overclock the CPU. Just try to google for your motherboard and learn all the methods given to overclock the CPU. You should generally take the speed up by small increments and dont raise the voltage to much. Also, you shouldnt touch the clock and voltage of the RAM. If you have overclocked your CPU too high then your computer will not start and it means that the CPU has reached its peak.

I too believe that it should not be a good idea to overclock that processor because it is too much old and the CPU could not be able to handle such voltage modified. Most of the newer CPUs now-a-days have the potential to be overclocked more and successfully. With the newer generation of CPUs like the FX or the i7 series you can easily overclock it without the risk of damaging the processor. There are also some CPUs that come factory overclocked before they get shipped.

If you still want to risk and overclock that CPU then set the volt to auto and raise the FSB slightly. After that run a stress tester like the Intel burn test or orthos to atleast 6 hours for stability. If you dont get a stability then you can wait to do the next overclocking until getting hands on a CPU cooler. If you get stable results still you should get a cooler to protect the CPU from overheating in the long run. Hope this helps you out.