Thread: How to overclock without modifying BIOS settings

How to overclock without modifying BIOS settings

Can anyone tell me whether there is any safe mode to overclock the processor without changing any settings in the BIOS? I am using a old stock motherboard that came with the computer case and there is an E5200 processor which is running at 35c at idle. When I play any games then it reaches to 50c. I dont know whether my CPU is overclockable or not, so I need some answers if I can do such a thing or not? Thanks

Re: How to overclock without modifying BIOS settings

There are many third party tools that you can use for overclocking the CPU, one such is called SysTool. The SysTool application was designed as a tool for tuning and overclocking for enthusiasts. SysTool can also monitor the motherboard, video card acceleration of ATI and NVIDIA. Additionally, you can better control the AMD64 and Intel SpeedStep Cool & Quiet. It can also be used to change the timing of the memory and chipset of i855/i848/i865/i875/i915/i925/i945/i955 AMD64 and also changes CPU FSN (includes ABIT uGuru).

Another tool for overclocking purpose you can use is AMD Overdrive. This application was designed to be a utility that provides the ability to maximize the capability, flexibility and adjustment of AMD chipsets. It allows the user to adjust parameters to ensure system stability, optimize performance, and control cooling and acoustic characteristics. The objective is to provide an all in one utility that can offer the complete overclocking operation.

If you are looking to overclock an Intel CPU then the best tool for it would be Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. If you want to speed up the CPU, memory, and system clocks or you want to supervise temperatures, voltages and fan speed, then Intel XTU allows you to tune, adjust and cool pretty easily. Intel Extreme Tuning Utility will be a valuable tool to get the best performance from your components by easily accelerating them. It supports Intel chipset P67/H67.