Thread: Want some advice on making my cpu case wireless

Want some advice on making my cpu case wireless

I have a Corsair cpu case. I am having dual hard drive in it. One is 1TB that I had bought recently and the other one is 500MB which consist the OS. I had not created any partitions. The 500GB drive is for the OS and the other 1TB is for everything. I want a solution through which I can add a wireless support on it. I have a powerful router, but a short lan cable. I have to keep the cpu case near to the modem.

Re: Want some advice on making my cpu case wireless

You put a wifi card in it. You can buy that from any online shopping website. A good one will cost you around Rs.800 but you will get nice range. You will not have to move your cabinet from one place to another. If you are planning to play lan games it is important that you buy a good one. Don't go with any low end one because there will be speed issue in it. I had used a usb lan port some months ago, it was very slow.

Buy D-Link PCI Wireless N150. It is a internal wireless lan card that comes for Rs.790. It is a portable adapter that provide you a quiet enhanced wifi range and good speed. The installation is also very easy. This pci card comes with a external antenna due to which you get a more better range. Just connect that and add the drivers. That's it. You can use it easily. There are better one also but they are most costly.

There are some cheaper one also available. If you are not planing to move your pc far from the modem you can go with them. There are some mini wireless cards that are nice and easy to use. They have a external antenna with usb support. That means you won't need them to add inside your system. The wireless range is quiet decent but do not expect much. This type of portable cards are available under Rs.400.