Thread: What is the maximum limit to overclock Intel Core i5-3570K

What is the maximum limit to overclock Intel Core i5-3570K

I want to know the maximum limit of overclocking Intel Core i5-3570K. I want to buy this processor. I was first going for Core i7, but is too costly. I had spoken to some hardware guys who says that even Core i5 is enough. And I can also overclock it. I want to know the maximum limit it can hold. I am trying to work on a gaming pc which will require a good processing power on multiple monitors. I had decided about all other hardware.

Re: What is the maximum limit to overclock Intel Core i5-3570K

The processor is clocked at 3.4Ghz. You can try to push it to 4Ghz if you have a really nice cpu cooler. I am talking about some extreme model here. Like liquid cooling. Or else pushing a bit higher can put the cpu at risk of overheating. I do not really think you need to overclock. Just add a nice pair of good rams and a high end graphic card. That's it. You would be able to get the maximum output from the same.

Each processor comes with certain limitation. The best and safe way is to use Intel's Turbo boost technology. You can get that on Intel's motherboard. Just enable this thing and start playing game. The utility will automatically try to boost the processor output only when it is needed. This makes your job easier. You do not have to mess with manual settings. And this is also less risky. This type of utilities also comes with gaming boards.

The overclocking limit changes on the basis of different motherboard. Some board comes with really smart feature to properly optimize the motherboard. I am talking about high end boards. This boards cost around Rs.15000 to Rs.20000. While some just entirely depend in the manual settings. Before overclocking always go ahead with test. Like running Prime95 or OCCT. This tools have a virtual way of finding out what is the maximum limit your system will be able to stand.