Thread: Which portable heat-sink can be good for overclocking

Which portable heat-sink can be good for overclocking

I am looking for a portable heat-sink for my pc. I have a desktop which is getting hot. It has a quad core cpu with stock fan. I had not replaced this from long time. Now when I am trying to play some games it is getting heated really fast. My pc just turn off on its own instantly. I had tried to do some cleaning stuff but that did not helped much. I want some option through which I can simply get rid of the problem of heating here. I had kept my left panel open so that the cpu can remain cooler. I am looking for a budget portable heat-sink that can also help me in overclocking.

Re: Which portable heat-sink for can be good for overclocking

You cannot go for any portable fan or heat sink if you are planing to overclock your pc. It will be extremely complicated to cool down the processor. And regular heating can permanently damage your cpu. You must go for ready to use liquid cooler kit.

There are ample of nice cpu fans available in the market. Do not go for smaller one. Your cpu is getting heated and this is a serious problem. Going for a potable liquid cooler kit is the best advice. Because in that you get a air locked cooling kit with liquid coolant. It is fast and reliable compare to air cooling. It cool down the cpu really fast and does not has any problem with fittings. Most of them are extremely easy to fit. I had seen a number of options through which you can keep your system cooler. Like if you are unable to afford a liquid cooler kit then you go for air cooler. But a bit size fan. There are some budget solutions available. A air cooler with atleast 120mm fan is quiet good to draw out maximum heat from the system. I would recommend you to check the same once. Deepcool Gammaxx 300 is good in terms of budget. It has a nice big size fan with fast cooling solution.

Overclocking will not be stable with air cooling. You will need a liquid cooler for that. The cheapest one among all is Corsair H40 Cooler that comes for Rs.3800. This cooler has a big size radiator where you can fit two fans. This is the best one according to me.