Thread: Is there any way to keep the cpu cooler at room temperature under basic overclocking

Is there any way to keep the cpu cooler at room temperature under basic overclocking

My friend has a Dell 2420 laptop. This system has a 2nd generation Intel Core i3 processor with 2GB ram and a 1GB Nvidia 600 series graphic card. I am trying to play Battlefield 4 on it. I had formatted the system and install 64bit windows. The game is lagging. I had tried to put the lowest resolution but still the issue is constant. I had used a third party turbo boost software. This just push the cpu processing to high at the time of playing games only. But the cpu gets too hot and system turns off. What should I do to fix the issue.

Re: Is there any way to keep the cpu cooler at room temperature under basic overclocking

The model which you had mentioned is not designed for overclocking. Try to play other games which support your system. If you still force your laptop to play high end games through overclocking you might face serious damage later on.

Re: Is there any way to keep the cpu cooler at room temperature under basic overclocking

Vostro 2420 is a budget laptop. I had seen a newer version of this system on Dell's official website. It cost around Rs.35,840. But that does has a gpu in it. The only version that I know comes with NVIDIA GeForce GT 620M. This is a bit old gpu which is ideal for gaming, but at a very low resolution. You cannot force games like Battlefield 4 on it. And the default ram that comes in the system is 2GB. You need atleast 4GB ram. I will not recommend you to overclock the cpu. There can be serious issue if you go ahead with overclocking. You can damage the cpu or face any other problem later on. Just go ahead with other games.

I am playing Saint Row on that. The newest edition and it works really fine. But the game lags on high resolution. The laptop is good for low range gaming. And for overclocking it is not. So better avoid that or you will loose it completely.