Thread: System crash while overclocking through EasyTune

System crash while overclocking through EasyTune

I am trying to overclock my pc using EasyTune. But it is not working. As I use a default mode to overclock the system crash instantly. I am having a decent board which I think can stand overclocking. I am doing this for gaming only. When I play the game on maximum resolution it lags a lot. My friend says that this is due to low cpu performance. And once I can overclock, I will get the most out of it. I want some help here to get rid of the problem. Is there any other tool that I can use.

Re: System crash while overclocking through EasyTune

You can run OCCT to find out whether your system is able to manage overclocking or not. This is one of the best tool to find out system stability. And if your system crash in it then avoid overclocking. You can damage your processor if you forcibly try to do the same.

There are some third party tool that you can use. The first is RivaTuner. But remember that you must do this on your own risk. If you try to do this at a extreme rate you can burn your processor completely. I had seen people messing up with their cpu and cause permanent damage. So always go ahead with precautions before going ahead. The most common issue with system crash is heating. Your cpu is heating up due to which it crashes. You will need to add a good cooler on the same. If you go ahead with a liquid cooler then it far more stable and better. But if you go with air cooler then there are less chances that it might work. My friend has a Intel board. And he is using Intel Desktop Control Center on the same.

Overclocking is a complex process. You cannot just run any third party tool. You can cause severe damage. Check your motherboard specification first and verify whether that it is good for overclocking or not. If not then leave it.