Thread: How to use setfsb in overclocking Core i7

How to use setfsb in overclocking Core i7

I am new to overclocking. I had gone through some articles on web that mentioned to use seftfsb. I want a bit information on this tool. What is it actually and how to use the same. Does this tool has automated settings to overclock a pc. I also want to know some preventive measure to keep my system safe when I go for this. Because I do not want to damage the hardware. Overclocking looks like a complicated process.

Re: How to use setfsb in overclocking Core i7

It goes well if you had a good system with good cooler. I am talking about cpu fan here. That is the reason liquid cooling came into existence. This keep the
    system far more cooler compare to the regular air fan. Don't go for overclocking unless you really know about the same.

Setfsb is a tool. It is a software through which you can collect system information. It is also used for overclocking. But it is not recommended for low users. Only advance users use the same. If anything goes wrong the in the tool the system will crash. The system hardware can be damage through the same. Fro new comers there is one easy thing. Go for system with turbo boost. This comes with many msi and Intel boards. Turbo boost is a automated way of overclocking your system. The system will increase the cpu clock rate only when it is needed. So here your system is not overclocked all the time. When not required the cpu get back on its original rate. In this way the system hardware works for longer time and has proper output. SetFSB kind of tools are used then you go with manual overclocking. This is where you adjust the value. So you must be expert in that.

Before doing this go on web and checkout all the guides on overclocking. You will get all the things needed in that. Overclocking is not a beginners cup of tea. It needs experience and also sometime damage your hardware that cost money. Try to find something relevant t your processor.

Seftfsb is bit risky tool for newbies. I will not recommend you to play with that. But if you are willing to learn about overclocking then there are many things you can start with. Firstly you can begin with test. There are many tools that you can test and find out whether your processor is capable of handling the pressure or not. Then you can go ahead with overclocking your system at a low rate. That means at a prescribed rate. Do not cross the limit. A different number of overclocking test will give you more information on your system. This is far more easier and simple to learn. There are many benchmarking review that can give you the number of test performance and you can simply then analyze your system.

It is complicated because here your hardware is at risk. If you won't do it properly you can face severe damage. It is right that you must go with some automated utility which comes with the motherboard. This will be more helpful.

Unlike other overclocking tools, SetFSB is also a tool through which you can boost the output of your system fsb. Fsb helps the processor to send and receive command from others. In high end motherboard you get a good one, but in low end this output is limited. So here you can simply boost the fsb to make your overclocking more stable. But this is quiet risky. You cannot just increase the value instantly. It can cause serious issue later on. It is always better to go with a high end board that has smart bios profile. This can help you to overclock and make your system also work fine. I had seen many boards which are really awesome and give you nice output for the overclocking purpose.

There are some automated tools which can overclock your system as per your need.But it is only recommended for advance users only. So better go ahead and learn a bit about this things.