Thread: AMD FX-8320 is heating up even when it is not overclocked

AMD FX-8320 is heating up even when it is not overclocked

My friend is having a bit issue with AMD FX-8320 processor. It is a high end cpu which is built for gaming purpose. The pc will be also used for editing video files. There is a bit issue while using the same. We had tested a few game which it works really well. But I think the cpu is heating up instantly. It is a new build and we are using a big fan. I am using a cpu temp monitor software that tells me the temperature is lying between 70 to 80 degree.

Re: AMD FX-8320 is heating up even when it is not overclocked

Have you applied a cpu paste on the processor.You will have to get a good one. AMD FX-8320 is a high end processor and it will really heatup if you don't have a proper cooling support. So get a good paste and re-apply the same then check back.

There are some reasons behind heating up. You have to first understand that and then you can go ahead with fixing the heating problem. The four primary reason for which the cpu heats up is heavy load, improper airflow, cpu fan failure and system fan failure. So you have to check all this things one by one. Like first check whether the cpu fan is working fine or not. The bios increase the fan speed when more heat is generated. In this way it is capable of protected the system. The second is to checkout the airflow inside. If that is not proper then you face this problem. You have to test properly the problem you are facing. Most of the time people use a low end thermal paste that dry up really fast and then cause this heating issue. So you have to find all those stuff and then try back. I hope this would be enough to fix the issue. Buy a good cooler.

This issue is common with damage cpu. It is complicated to arrange a similar board and test it out. Try all the troubleshooting things, like changing the cooling, applying thermal paste and then try back. I think this would be helpful.

I had seen this kind of issue common with AMD processor. Some friends in my group has bought AMD processors. While some are using Intel. Those who have Intel are not facing any issue. Almost all have gaming pc. But those who are on AMD complain about overheating. If the cpu is getting heated so much there is no way to overclock the same. Changing the cpu fan is not going to help much. You have to checkout the reason behind heating. That can be thermal paste or poor fan. But even after changing both the cpu heats up then it is a faulty product. You can go ahead and contact the vendor to give your replacement. Compare to Intel, AMD comes cheaper in the market and that is the cause of low output. They might be using some low end elements to build the cpu which is not capable of standing overclocking or extreme pressure. Intel is the most stable brand when it comes to overclocking.