Thread: graphics card gets fried using 2 monitors

graphics card gets fried using 2 monitors

I wanted to get some information whether there will be any problem using 2 monitors with a single graphics card? If we use the same setup then will the graphics card get fried or something? I purchased a new GTX 650Ti graphics card and it is connected to a LCD monitor and I am also trying to hook it up in a HD TV. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Re: graphics card gets fried using 2 monitors

I dont think that if you connect dual monitor then it will affect your graphics card or so. But when you are playing games or else if you are doing video editing then your card will be running at optimium performance that can affect it and create high temperature as well. Apart from this everything else you do on your computer wont do any harm.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Most of the new graphics card in the market now a days suppoer dual monitors. And if you got 2 connectors in your card then you can just plug both the monitors in the card. Note that you will not be able to play 2 games at once on each monitor because you cannot play 2 games at once. But as explained above you should not play games for more time.

Can you tell us what is your full computer specifications, like what all hard drives, RAM, PSU, CPU do you use? For a dual monitor setup you should obviously get a good Power Supply and dual monitors will consume more power. But as already said above, new cards from Amd and Nvidia graphics card are designed to handle dual monitor setup quite easily.