Thread: Intel recently demonstrate SSD overclocking, will it help in gaming

Intel recently demonstrate SSD overclocking, will it help in gaming

Intel has recently shown up overclocking on SSD. SSD are storage solution and what are the benefit of overclocking. This was never done before in regular drive. SSD's are already fast in terms of output. And don't you think overclocking can cause serious hardware problem if it is not carried out properly. I have a SSD in my system. What is required to over clock it. Is there some kind of utility for that.

Re: Intel recently demonstrate SSD overclocking, will it help in gaming

That is a new approach to boost the system output. SSD's are reliable source of data storage. They are long lasting and good enough to give you fast performance. Through overclocking you can boost the output more.

I had seen the news. It is something new done by intel. Still I do not think anyone is going for that stuff. Overclocking SSD would be a bit odd according to me. Because here you already have a good output. As per the test through overclocking, there is a 10% performance gain. Which looks amazing. But that would risk the hardware. Overclocking will be possible only on the ssd controller. Intel has made different SSD for that. Overclocking will not work on all kind of SSD's in the market. They will works on specific product only on which intel is working.Gaining a good speed will be great for servers where data transfer is ore required and essential.This is something interesting I had seen. But it will in future we will be able to find what actually it is going to offer. Righnow SSD's are costly. And overclocking them is not so easy. I think Intel will release a new hardware which would come with integrated support. Now again the matter stuck with the price. This would be far more costlier.

It is something new and getting on direct conclusion is not good. We do not know what can be the future outcome of this. Rightnow flash chips are used on many devices like mobile, tablet, portable hard drive, etc.