Thread: How to find out the correct voltage and temperature combination for overclocking

How to find out the correct voltage and temperature combination for overclocking

There is a bit issue with cpu temperature in my system. This is the first time I and my friend are experimenting overclocking. But somehow nothing works here. I tried go with some default settings, but nothing worked out. I need a set of certain information through which I can determine the relation between temperature and voltage. I am unable to figure out to get the right voltage requirement for my cpu and I am not able to get the exact overclocking ratio also. Can anyone simply help me to find out a appropriate solution for the same. Thanks.

Re: How to find out the correct voltage and temperature combination for overclocking

What I know about this, the higher voltage the higher will be cpu temperature. It is necessary that you play safer always. Try to overclock at a reasonable limit or else you will keep on facing heating problem. Always keep a cpu monitoring utility on so that you can get proper updates.

Re: How to find out the correct voltage and temperature combination for overclocking

Overclocking only works well if your system supports that. For example if you are having a processor which is not meant for overclocking then you might face issue. Voltage regulation allow you to keep your processor's performance at a reasonable pace. Like if you hiking the cpu clock rate 10% more then the cpu will require more power. It will consume more voltage. A overclocking utility does a overall thing. It not only hike the clock rate but it also increase the voltage and so the cpu heatsup. If you try to reduce the voltage then your processor might crash. The best way is to use a overclocking utility and use the most lowest clock rate. Till yet overclocking is not getting common. It remains a risky processor for everyone. Buying a hardware which has dedicated voltage regulation plays a vital role in keeping your system stable and also protect your hardware from getting damage. Many motherboard that comes with overclocking features have a bios support. From which you can switch a profile to enable overclocking.

Always test your system before going for that. Do not just blindly overclock. There are certain cpu tester based utilities which can help you to fix the problem. You can overclock only when your system passes the test.