Thread: overclocking Amd A4-3305M APU

overclocking Amd A4-3305M APU

I am using a HP Pavilion g7-1314nr Notebook which is 2 years old now. I am trying to find out a way to overclock its processor which is a AMD A4-3305M to some extent. It is currently at stock of 1.9ghz and I was hoping to get atleast 2.4ghz overclock rate of this APU. Can anyone tell me any method on how to overclock this processor on the notebook? Thanks

Re: overclocking Amd A4-3305M APU

Can you check by going into the motherboard BIOS setting to find out if there is any overclocking options available? The settings required to be changed for overclocking is related to voltages and frequencies in the BIOS. Also, you should know that after you perform a overclocking, you will need equivalent cooler to cool down the temperature of the CPU which will get higher.

Since you have already told that it is a netbook, then it wont have any overclocking features in its BIOS settings. Also, there are no cooler for notebooks which can withstand the heat generated by overclocking and even if you manage to overclock your processor, it will not be safe and you could burn up some of the components inside the notebook because of overheating problems.

Actually, there is a turbo frequency of the CPU chip which is set at 2.5ghz so when you are doing some intensive processing in your notebook, then it automatically changes its speed to that. So, it looks to me that you can reach atleat 2.2ghz on both cores of your CPU, but that will depend on the boosting power implemented by HP on this notebook.