Thread: Black screen problem with AMD FX 8120 Eight Core at 3.20 Ghz

Black screen problem with AMD FX 8120 Eight Core at 3.20 Ghz

Somehow I think my overclocking process is not going well here. I followed a proper method but still it does not looks to be working fine. I am trying to overclock AMD FX 8120 processor. When I reached at 3.2Ghz there is a complete black screen on my desktop. There was nothing. Not even the mouse cursor. I turned of my system went back in bios and restored the old settings. The system started working. It is really weird. AMD FX 8120 is a 8 core cpu which is designed for overclocking and it cannot even tolerate minor changes.

Re: Black screen problem with AMD FX 8120 Eight Core at 3.20 Ghz

It is not the processor's limitation. There can be some other issue. Try to check your system first. Like the fans, psu, etc. Overclocking fails when the system is not having proper ventilation. Due to which the cpu gets heated instantly and can even damage permanently. So just verify everything first and then go back for overclocking.

AMD FX 8120 is a good processor. I do not think you really require to overclock it. The existing clock rate there is more than enough for getting optimum performance. But for gaming sometime more processing power is needed for smooth performance. Here I will recommend you to stay on the safer side. You can perform overclocking at a standard rate but before it is necessary test whether your system is capable of handling the pressure or not. For that there are two tools available. The first one is OCCT and the second one is Prime95. Both tools are capable of giving you proper output whether your system is able to handle overclocking or not. It creates a kind of virtual environment where it simply does not really overclock the system. But does it virtually. And if your system crashes in between then you will get a log report at the end about the output. Some due to poor power supply or inability of motherboard to provide a proper overclocking platform generate this kind problem. So it is better recommended that you must go with a test before going for the final overclocking process.

There are some guide available on the web which will give you more information about overclocking this processor. I had seen people posting results of overclocking this cpu at reasonable rate. I think there is some problem in your system.

This cpu works great with overclocking. If you check online then you can find ample of websites offering details about clock rate. Now I saw on a forum where the overclock rate on this processor was reached around 3.5Ghz. That looks to be enough in terms of output. For overclocking your existing psu must be over 700w. That is what is required here. If it is lower then you might get the issue you are facing. Black screen simply means there can be some kind of serious hardware issue. It is necessary that you go with reasonable overclocking on start and then go with extreme one later on. While for your reference there are ample of guide available that can tell you properly how this could be better.

This cpu works great with overclocking. If you check online then you can find ample of websites offering details about clock rate. Now I saw on a forum where the overclock rate on this processor was reached around 3.5Ghz. That looks to be enough in terms of output. For overclocking your existing psu must be over 700w. That is what is required here. If it is lower then you might get the issue you are facing. Black screen simply means there can be some kind of serious hardware issue. It is necessary that you go with reasonable overclocking on start and then go with extreme one later on. While for your reference there are ample of guide available that can tell you properly how this could be better.