Thread: Gigabyte Z77 with i5 3570k overclocking

Gigabyte Z77 with i5 3570k overclocking

Want some suggestion before going for overclocking. My system configuration is Gigabyte Z77 board with Intel Core i5 3570k processor and 4GB RAM. I am having a 1GB Ati Radeon gpu also. The system looks to be working well, but I want to overclock this. I had not done this before. I am trying to run a game on dual hd screen. The output at maximum settings is a bit lagging. By overclocking I cam sure I can gain bit more fps. Can anyone simply help me to deal with the issue. Thanks.

Re: Gigabyte Z77 with i5 3570k overclocking

Intel Core i5 3570k is a good cpu. There is a guide available on the web that allows you to overclock the cpu @ 4Ghz. Which looks to be bit enough. You can simply boost the cpu frequency and get a good rate on it. It is essential that you follow proper procedure for the same.

It is better to stick with some guide. Overclocking works really well through integrated bios utility. Because there you get a set of profiles through which you can overclock your pc at a really standard rate. It is recommended to take extreme precaution. So that your cpu is not damage. Overclocking puts great pressure on the cpu and it is essential that your system must also have some kind of nice cooling solution. Or else nothing will work better. Whatever guide you will find on web will tell you to hook a good cpu cooler. Either you are using a air cooler or liquid cooler, it is necessary that you must use a good one. Due to heat generated lack of cooling support can destroy your processor. First go in your motherboard bios and see what settings are available for overclocking. Manage the voltage regulation and other stuff. Ample of boards which comes with integrated overclocking stuff offers you preset options. There are set of profiles option among which you can choose and the cpu is overclocked with pre-configured settings at a reasonable rate.

Check your bios first. That will be better. There are third party tools available but they can be risky. Because if your overclocking calculation are not proper then there is maximum chance of facing severe processor damage.

I think Asus motherboards are more reliable for this. There are some gaming boards available. That does not means Gigabyte Z77 is a low end board. It is, but in Asus gaming series you get set of preconfigured options to overclock your system. You do not need to rely on third party tools. While some manufacturer offers turbo boost utility. This utility is similar to overclocking. The benefit of using this utility is that it boost the cpu output only when it is required. It only increases the cpu clock ratio when needed. So you just need to turn it on and launch your game. Gigabyte Z77 is an ultra series board that is having internal configuration for overclocking. You will need to check the bios settings for that. You will need to verify each and every section. Also you can find ample of info in the board manual. There are different series of board available under Z77 and you had not mentioned the exact model. I will advice you to simply check the manual what it offers you for overclocking. Just for testing purpose you can download and install apps like OCCT or Prime95 to test out how overclocking would react on your system.