Thread: Configure Corsair H100i Fan

Configure Corsair H100i Fan

I have bought a new Corsair H100i cooler so that I can get some high overclocking level with my i5 core processor that is right now 4.2ghz on stock with intel cooler. I am actually looking to lay 2 typhoon fans around along with the H100i fans for push and pull configuration. I was thinking to put the fans so one Gentle Typhoon will be pulling air from the other same brand fan with stock fans. So, do you think whether this push or pull from this cooler will be good enough? Thanks

Re: Configure Corsair H100i Fan

Well, I think that with your setup there will not be a proper balance in the airfolow across the Rad whether you use 2 different types of fans or such. But if you can just swap the stock fans for the GT's then it would work properly. Even though you can give the seperate configs a try and check if it works. I am using H100 cooler with 2 Noctua NF-F12 and doing the push-pull on this cooler without any issues.

I am only worried about whether the pull only config might lower the air draw via the rad or not. I cannot say for sure how does it works though, but I think that the static pressure might be reduced in a pull config with the push one. Or otherwise it should not be a problem because one way or the other you are just taking out the heat only.

The fans should be in the same direction, there is nothing to worry. Incase you are mounting it in the roof then I guess you should have the fans blowing out of the computer cabinet like an exhaust. Incase if its on the side or back or front then you should have the fans drawing the air into the cabinet. Hope this helps you out.