Thread: Want help to overclock AMD FX-6300 CPU

Want help to overclock AMD FX-6300 CPU

I want some help to overclock AMD FX-6300 processor. I and my friend are trying to gain a stable frequency on the same. But it looks to be not working well. I need some help to begin the process back again from scratch. I had seen on web people had able to gain a good amount of cpu clock rate on the same. But somehow it does not looks to be working really well in my system. I had never gone with overclocking before. I just want to boost the cpu speed to gain better gaming output.

Re: Want help to overclock AMD FX-6300 CPU

You can do that by some overclocking utility like RivaTuner. But it is necessary that your system must be ready for that. Like your motherboard, ram, etc. Also there must be good cooling support on your system or else this can create a problem.

AMD FX-6300 is a Core i3 level processor. It is capable of giving you good processing power. Why you want to overclock it. The processor is great enough to give you better gaming output. But if you still want to overclock then the best thing you can do is checkout the settings in BIOS. Third party tools here are not stable enough. There are some testing utility available that allows you to run a overclocking test before going for the process. It is called as Prime95. This utility can tell you whether your system will be able to stand overclocking pressure or not. It creates a virtual overclocking environment without causing any problem to your processor and other hardware. Let the test run for some while and checkout. If your system reboots while performing the test then that simply means your system hardware is not capable of handling overclocking pressure. You will have to upgrade that. That can be due to the low power supply or poor cooling support on the system. As per different test mentioned on the web the cpu is great for this process. But only if you are having matching hardware and a proper utility to do that. Many motherboard comes with Turbo Boost utility and ample of AMD cpu supports it. The Turbo Boost here can help you to gain a few more Ghz. And it is great while playing games. Or else you can just avoid it.

After overclocking you will only get around 0 to 20% higher cpu power. That's all. Overclocking does not double the cpu rate. It just give it a bit of push back. But that is risky. If your system hardware is low then your cpu might not be stable.

AMD FX-6300 can give you the performance of Intel Core i5. And it can be done by stable overclocking. It is right that using the overclocking utility provided in the bios is more effective compared to third party support. The processor is capable of giving impressive performance at a good price also. While compare to that Intel gets more costlier. Usually the clock rate is locked due to which you cannot simply overclock it on extreme level. There are chances of facing severe problem with the cpu if overclocking is not handled properly. It is quiet essential that you must go with a proper process here. What is the motherboard you are using. It entirely depends on that. And if you are also having a graphic card on your system then what psu you are using. I hope that is above 700w. Or else overclocking will not be stable. Here to find out whether your system wil stand overclocking or not you can use OCCT. This utility is capable of giving you output of maximum overclocking limit your system can bear. You can test it. Overclocking is not a very complicated processor, but you have to take special care while doing the same. Like using a nice cpu temp monitoring ability that keeps on telling you about current temperature and also warn you when it cross the limit.

There are some application I can list you for overclocking. You can use them to get better result. If you have a ASUS board then ASUS TurboV Evo works really great. You can simply use that utility to increase your cpu output and gaining extra performance here.

You can try AMD Overdrive here. It is a dedicated AMD utility that can help you to get best result out of overclocking. It is one of the best utility for overclocking amd processors. It allows you to manage a number of different things and a simple control panel to overclock your system. You must take care while using this app. Remember that cpu damaged in overclocking does not carry any warranty. You must have a good cpu cooler also in your system. This will help to protect your system from getting damage due to heat generated in overclocking. A good cooler is must here. You must put some more money and replace your existing fan. That is good for your cpu. AMD Overdrive is a simple to use utility. It offers you both basic and advance options through which you can overclock your system. The tool allows you to create different memory profile through which you can improve your systems performance. And along with this it also comes with auto clock feature. Through which you can simply increase the cpu performance depending on the pre-configured settings. This is a fail safe method. It allows minimum damage to your system. In manual you are not aware about the actual output, but through auto clock the settings are applied automatically and offer you a safer way of boosting your system performance.

People were able to get 5Ghz on this cpu and that looks to be working great. Overclocking consist of many things not just increasing the cpu clock rate. It is better you stick with auto settings or else you can seriously damage your cpu.