Thread: How to keep a processor safe under overclocking limits

How to keep a processor safe under overclocking limits

I am looking for some tools or some tips that can help me to keep the processor safe under overclocking limit. There must be some sort of alarm or some notification on the screen that tells that the processor is just passed the processor limit and I have to stop. I am having a nice Gigabyte board that has overclocking utility inside the bios itself. But I am not able to find any option that can tell me to perform overclocking at a safer rate without killing my hardware.

Re: How to keep a processor safe under overclocking limits

Overclocking cause issue when your cpu is overheated. It is essential that you must perform the same at a reasonable level. That is reason I bought a motherboard that features turbo boost.

This software increases the pc output at a reasonable level and you can turn the same offer when you are not simply playing games. Overclock your system only when needed. So at other time your pc can rest. There are some automated software that overclocks your pc at standard time.

You can do that by checking the maximum limit of your processor to handling overclocking. That will be listed inside the cpu specification. You can see that many processor specification clearly says what is the maximum boost clock rate. Which makes the processor to work appropriate at stable rate without getting heating. A number of processor are designed to shutdown themselves when they are heated at extreme level which save you from critical hardware damage.

I do not think there is any tool for that. You can download software like Prime95. This are testing application that gives you information whether your system can handle overclocking or not. You can use this to find out the actual output of your pc. The second thing you can do is download a cpu temperature monitor application. This application constantly monitor your cpu temperature. So if you see that the processor is crossing the limit just turn off your pc.