Thread: Upgrading Gigabyte G41 system for overclocking

Upgrading Gigabyte G41 system for overclocking

I am looking for some upgrade solution for my system. I am want to upgrade the same for overclocking which would help me to work on it in more better way. I am having a Gigabyte G41 motherboard right now with core 2 duo processor. I am having 2GB ram. But I want to upgrade the same so that I can simply overclock my system and gain a bit more performance. I am sure that will be far more helpful in dealing with the issue that I am facing. I am not getting optimum gaming output. Can anyone offer me good suggestion on the same.

Re: Upgrading Gigabyte G41 system for overclocking

You have to upgrade everything here. You have to upgrade the processor and motherboard which plays vital role in overclocking. It is not really good to upgrade a few stuff on the existing system. But you can also gain a bit more performance if you just add a good graphic card.

I think overclocking is mostly required to improve gaming performance. So instead of investing a good amount if buying overclocking system why don't you just stick with the existing one and add a graphic card on the same. I think that will be more than enough for you.

You will have to upgrade everything here. Gigabyte G41 is a good board. But it is a mid range board. Not really high end. While for overclocking you will have to configure cpu performance by boosting the output.

I think that would be quiet enough. There are some extreme gaming motherboards available on the web. You can choose from the list or approach some manufacturer who is selling assembled gaming pc in the market. That would be better.

Just go for Intel Core i3 or Core i5 processor with related motherboard. And add around 4GB of RAM with atleast 2GB graphic card. You can buy model as per your choice depending on the budget available. I am sure that will be quiet enough for you to find out the a decent system that works well for gaming and gave extreme output. While there are branded system also but they are far more costlier compare to a assembled pc. There are some good laptop models also.