Thread: Which Liquid Cooling kit can handle extreme overclocking

Which Liquid Cooling kit can handle extreme overclocking

I am looking for a extreme liquid cooling model that can keep my processor cool under tough condition. I am having a Intel Core i7 system with 8GB RAM and Dual GPU support. When I overclock at start the system restarted. I did that through a utility that came with the motherboard. Then I tried the same through bios also but still the pc reboots. It looks my system is not having a good cooler due to which the temp is going high. I am also using a temperature monitoring utility that shows the cpu temp above 80 degree while overclocking.

Re: Which Liquid Cooling kit can handle extreme overclocking

It is not really necessary that you spend a really huge amount is buying liquid cooling kit. First you have to find whether your system is capable of overclocking or not. You can do that by running a virtual test through OCCT or Prime95. This tools can give you right information and the maximum capacity that your system can reach. And on that basis only you must move ahead with overclocking. Or else there can be serious hardware problem. Do not play with the settings if system restarts or does not boot.

It is correct. There is a risk in overclocking. Liquid cooling can help you here. There is no valid information available on web that can tell us about different liquid cooling kits. The one that I found sold widely is by CORSAIR CWCH40. This kit is easy to use. It comes in a packed enclosure and the configuration is also quiet simply. It will give you addon benefit over regular cooling fan. While compare to this there are other cooling kits also which are more complicated to assemble and fit on your system.

If you need extreme liquid cooler then you will need to build that manually. You have to assemble each part one by one. A liquid cooler consist of waterblocks, radiator, pump, reservoir and pipes. You can find on web ample of information about the same. On that basis you can choose the best type of cooler you want and hook the same on your system. Remember that you must have ample of space left inside your cpu tower. Or else the fitting will not be proper. Later on you will also have to choose the coolant used in the liquid cooler.

There are some huge fans which works much better than liquid cooling. The problem with liquid cooling is its maintenance. There is a chance of dripping liquid inside the cpu case that can damage other hardware. It is essential that you invest on a good cpu fan like KUHLER Box. It is a nice full size fan that draws out maximum heat from your system and maintain a appropriate airflow. I am sure it is not really so complicated to find a fan on the web. There are ample of the available.

For extreme overclocking you have to first verify whether your system is capable of standing the pressure or not. Because there are chances due to low hardware your system many not work properly. I had got the issue when I was trying to overclock my Intel Core i5 system.

The reason behind failure was power supply. I had added around 3 graphic cards due to which power consumption was high and I was using a low smps. Later on I upgraded to 1000w psu and it started working properly.

Overclocking is just not limited to the cpu fan. There are more things that must be counted. It is essential that you must first check your system output. Like the motherboard specification. OCCT and Prime95 are good ways find whether your system would be able to stand overclocking or not.

In this way you can secure your hardware from getting damaged. It is not really necessary to buy costly liquid cooling kit. Still the regular fan can do your job if everything is properly configured.