Thread: How to keep CPU fan speed to Maximum

How to keep CPU fan speed to Maximum

I need some help with keeping cpu fan speed at maximum. I am unable to find any appropriate software for the same. I am going to overclock. For test I installed RivaTuner. There was a temperature monitor also. I raised the cpu clock to 10% only. Just check whether there can be any problem. I found in cpu monitoring tool, the temperature increased. But the fan speed was just same. I want some tool or way by which I can keep the cpu fan speed at MAX. I had seen under bios, there is no such option available.

Re: How to keep CPU fan speed to Maximum

The cpu fan speed is adjusted as per the requirement. It increases when your cpu gets hotter and lowers down. This is a kind of power saving feature. It mostly depend on the bios. The bios tell the cpu when to increase speed and when to not. I do not think there any utility available. You can simply add more fans or keep your cpu case open to provide air ventilation. I am sure this would be really working well. And if you are going to keep overclocking constant then better add a liquid cooling kit in your system.

Go in bios and look for Automatic Fan Control. Just disable that. I think that will keep the cpu fan to run at maximum speed. If your cpu temp goes around 50 or higher then it is bad. You must not overclock your system. The one thing you can do is install OCCT or Prime95 in your system. This tool is having a overclocking test environment. That means through it you can find whether your system will be able to stand overclocking or not. Just run the test and then check back.

There is a software called as SpeedFan. You can download that from web. This software will give you correct readings of your system temperature and fan speed. You can control and manage different set of configuration from the same. The tool also support Windows 8 and it is easy to use. I think you must test this. One advice for overclocking. Try to keep maximum air ventilation on your system. I do not think any regular cpu fan is capable of driving out the heat. You have to replace the same.

In new motherboard there is a option available for the same. When you go in the bios setting under cpu fan you can find RPM. When you increase the same the fan rotates at much great rate. You have to ensure that the fan speed configuration is proper. Also if you are low on power supply just upgrade that. This would be much more helpful. And I will also recommend SpeedFan. I am using this tool. It is fine with decent options to make your cpu more cooler. But better upgrade the fan if you want to overclock.