Thread: ECS A85F2-A GOLDEN vs ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 for budget Overclocking PC

ECS A85F2-A GOLDEN vs ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 for budget Overclocking PC

I am trying to create a budget config for overclocking pc. Now there I found that ASUS Sabertooth P67 is a durable board with all features and power performance. But it is too costly and if I buy that I can have to go for Intel Core i5 or i7. My budget rises to much high amount. While compare to that I found a reasonable solution. ECS A85F2-A GOLDEN is another performance board with AMD socket. The cost of this motherboard is Rs.8000 while Sabertooth will cost me Rs.20000. I am looking for a pc that can provide me good overclocking output. What should I choose.

Re: ECS A85F2-A GOLDEN vs ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 for budget Overclocking PC

Along with Overclocking features you also need durability. You might be aware that excessive or improper overclocking can degrade your system performance. And due to this ASUS Sabertooth is great. It has military standard components that makes it powerful board for heavy processing and also it offers you ample of upgrade choices. You can use all Intel Core i series processor on it. It features Total Airflow-Boosting Heat Dissipation, Real Time Temp Detection and Heat Removal, TUF Components and Efficient Switching Power Design. It will be beneficial that you invest once and wisely for long term support.

ECS A85F2-A GOLDEN is also a performance board. Compare to ASUS Sabertooth it is not having those flashy stuff but it is a straight forward board with ample of features that you need for overclocking. You have to use AMD on it. The board features a 140W thermal design that makes it efficient in performance. Also every board has tons of additional features for power and processing management which are hardly utilized. If you are willing to go for AMD, then you must buy this board. There are more choices, but ths one lies under budget.

It is not correct to say that ECS A85F2-A GOLDEN is best and can land on your expectations. Because yet there is no complete test report available on this board. While for ASUS Sabertooth you can find ample of examples. It is not necessary that you buy a high end motherboard only for overclocking. You have to go with a mid range choice and good power supply. Any latest board that supports overclocking can do the job I think. Overclocking performance mostly depend on the processor.

I am always confuse in buying a motherboard. Some says the board has tough component which will not melt under extreme heat. I am not going to use it. While Some say it has awesome power management capability. I was just checking the features of ECS and ASUS. Both of them has thrown big words. Under ECS you will find Hyper Alloy Choke, ESD Protection, ECS EZ charger, etc. And under ASUS you will find Thermal Armor, Thermal Radar, etc. It is best you search on web for benchmarking or overclocking test. I trust mostly on Intel motherboard. They are the most reliable.