Thread: With ASRock Z77 extreme6 overclocking Intel i5-3570K

With ASRock Z77 extreme6 overclocking Intel i5-3570K

I have a ASRock Z77 extreme6 motherboard in my computer with a Intel i5-3570K processor in it. I want to overclock Intel i5-3570K in my computer so that it reaches frequency of 4.2 GHz to 4.4 GHz. I am not acquainted with overclocking of processor, but I have done overclocking of processor some months back. I wanted to know if the fixed voltage is more useful or is offset voltage more useful while overclocking. Also what should be the level of load line calibration while overclocking. Can someone tell me about it?

Re: With ASRock Z77 extreme6 overclocking Intel i5-3570K

Intel i5-3570K is known to be one of the most sensitive processors when it comes to overclocking. A minor mistake while overclocking this processor can mess up the processor so badly that it will hardly remain stable. Maintaining the stability of the processor is the main concern over here. So I suggest you to use the fixed voltage. It will not make the processor to lose stability and will also overclock it successfully. The load line calibration is not of much use while overclocking, but if you want a good overclocking with complete detailed changes, then it must be used. You can set the load line calibration to level 1.

You can use offset voltage if you want to get better results in low voltage value. But see to it that Intel i5-3570K is an Ivy Bridge processor and using offset voltage on it might lead to overheating. You need to take special care of this problem or else your processor might get damaged beyond repairs. So see to it that you have a good experience of overclocking to use the offset voltage to get the whole thing done properly without any problems. I have used this offset voltage in my computer of approximately 0.18 V and it works great for my PC. Using this offset, I raised the voltage up to 1.17 V. This gave me frequency of 4.3 GHz in Intel i5-3570K processor of mine.

The offset voltage if used properly has its own advantages. For example, if you just enable the offset voltage and set the value to +0, then the motherboard will start overclocking itself and you will have to not make much efforts to get the things right. You will have to just keep checking the stability of your system and also check out for temperature of your system if you don’t want your system to get damaged. I think it is better to overclock Intel i5-3570K with this process rather than trying out various different voltages which can pose danger.