Thread: Very high temperature of intel 3570K after overclocking

Very high temperature of intel 3570K after overclocking

Intel Core i5 is a nice cpu for overclocking. But I am not able to understand why it i heating too much. I have a Intel Core i5-3570K cpu. The system is quiet nice with 4GB ram and 500GB hard drive. I had seen the last guide on Youtube that showed me how to overclock. The guy on the same was able to achieve more than 4Ghz at a stable ratio. It worked fine. Well then I plan to overclock mine also. I am using the regular air fan in my system and has added one more additional to the chassis.

Now when increased the frequency to a bit higher, the temperature kept rising. It halted at 70C. It is not at all lowering down. Later on I disabled overclocking and in regular mode I found the temperature lies between 30-40C. So that is the stable point. But why the cpu is boiling up so fast.

Re: Very high temperature of intel 3570K after overclocking

There can be two possible reasons behind that. First poor cooling support in your computer and second low power supply. Because of which you are not able to get the right cpu ratio so instantly. Try to check this things and try back.

Intel Core i5 is a good cpu with ample of overclocking support. It needs a good psu and cooling setup in your computer. You were talking about getting over 4Ghz. That is not possible just like that. You have to add liquid cooling in that and then it will work. Or else there is no way of reaching that much point. Download a tester type tool. There are many which will tell you till what extent your cpu can handle overclocking. There are tools like OCCT or Prime95. They are benchmark tester. This software are capable of giving your a virtual overclocking environment. They put maximum pressure on the processor and if your computer fails then you can't overclock your system. You have to addup a better psu. It should be around or higher than 700w. Second thing you must also increase the cooling options.

Just by adding a fan will not work. What tool you are using to overclock your computer. Is it a software or you are doing that from bios. If you are using from a software then ignore it. Improper overclocking can affect your cpu life which degrades its quality. And remember if your cpu is damaged in overclocking you are not going to get anything in replacement warranty. This is not covered. So stay at the safer side by taking minimum risk.

That is correct. You need more cooling. My friend has Intel Core i7 with liquid cooling stuff. Liquid cooling gives better cooling and reduce the instant rising temperature quiet easily. This works quiet nicely.

There is no issue with the cpu. The issue lies your computer setup. I had seen that the cpu works well @ 4.8Ghz and temperature lies stable between 50 to 55C. There are better air coolers also. It is not at all compulsory to only add liquid cooling. This kit can be costly for you. Liquid cooling is recommended if you are buying a cpu which comes pre-configured with everything. Benchmarking works to some extent and it really matters. Heating is very common in overclocking. When you overclock a good amount of heat is generated causing the cpu to shutdown if limit exceeds.

There are ways you can make it cooler. First do not just push the frequency to higher limit. What for the cpu response. Open up the side case so that you can get enough air rolled out inside the cabinet. If possible turn on your AC. The cooler environment outside will help the cpu fan to draw more cooler air inside. Then run a benchmarking tool to find how much performance can be gained. If still the cpu temp rises then I will recommend you to avoid the same. Core i5 is capable of working between 4.0 to 4.5 @ 50 to 60C for longer hours. If your setup is proper you can use this at the time of playing games only.

Heating is not a good sign for your cpu. Overclocking is a extreme process where you need the right cooling kit for keeping he cpu cooler. You can't just push the clock ratio by a third party tool. Go in the bios settings instead.

I was just checking many similar articles which are made on Core i5 heating issue. There are some workaround that you can go for. First apply a good layer of cpu paste on your cpu fan. The paste must be applied properly. Get good amount of ram in your system with common mhz. Your psu should be above 700w. Remove the traditional cpu fan and buy fan like Asus Triton 88 CPU. This is a huge fan with big heat-sink and powerful enough to draw high amount of heat from your cpu. There are some different fans available. This are kind of liquid cooling fans which comes with a kit. The first part is fixed over the cpu and the second on the chassis.

They are easy to configure and work quiet well. There is no need to fix or add multiple item in them. One of them is Antec KUHLER H2O 620 CPU Cooler. The price lies around $60 which is not costly but a budget fan. You must not ignore the psu at all. Because there can be severe consequences. At the time of overclocking the cpu needs nice amount of power to perform number of actions. If that is not fulfilled your cpu will heat up very instantly.

Check your process. Just check once again how the cpu works in idle mode and in overclocking mode. If there is no far difference between the temperature, your processor is already getting heated. This can be due to bad product or poor cooling.

Your overclocking is not going to work until you are going to add a good liquid cooling solution. There are ample of liquid cooler available and I think that is the only issue in your system. Liquid cooling is must for every overclocking computer. The temperature below 50C is normal. The cpu heats up but it is capable of working at the temperature. Your system will shutdown automatically if the limit rises to higher. You can start with tools like OCCT. As mentioned above this tools offer you a virtual environment.

The tool is powerful to verify your computer performance and will give you information that your system can or cannot go for overclocking. This is the most safest way. If you do not get green signal from this tool you must avoid overclocking.

If your computer is new then heating up so instantly is not good at all. It can risk your cpu. The cpu life is decreased this kind of stuff happen. Get a good cooler and addup a good psu. I hope that can help you.